• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Documentary on Walter Tavares

PSSSHHHRRR87

Its hard to leave Gran Canaria. Let me tell you, while Im melting away in my lower-rhine river heatwave at 40° celsius and this thick wet air. The Canaries prolly have the best climate in the world, rarely below 20°, rarely above 30°, all year around.

Still, get to Atlanta fast, so we can trade Splitter for Jamal Crawford.

Its hard to leave Gran Canaria. Let me tell you, while Im melting away in my lower-rhine river heatwave at 40° celsius and this thick wet air. The Canaries prolly have the best climate in the world, rarely below 20°, rarely above 30°, all year around.

Still, get to Atlanta fast, so we can trade Splitter for Jamal Crawford.

Did you watch the Hawks last year?  We played great in the regular season, but our biggest and most obvious weakness was size on the inside. Rebounding and rim protection had long been a problem, but we could mask it with our great perimeter defense and guard/forward rebounding. This weakness was exposed in the playoffs when teams slowed the game down. I mean, Brook Lopez looked like Kareem Abdul Jabbar against us. 

This is why Splitter is so important. Splitter offers so much value in that he can be a spot starter against larger lineups and can come off the bench and make an impact on both sides of the court.

Crawford doesn't offer anything that we don't already have on the roster.  Our point guards are our strength and Korver, Hardaway and Baze can man the 2 well. 

I think Edy will need some time in this offense before he can be useful.  Can't put all your eggs in one basket on a player who hasn't played one NBA game yet. I do love Edy's upside though.  He can be a better Rudy Gobert all day long.  Hopefully he keeps taking coaching well.  He is like a blank slate that has not learned any bad habits.  Surprisingly he is very good at pick and rolls and defending them also.  I hope he will be a Hawk for years to come, but don't see him contributing much early on.

Edited by gHost83

• Premium Member

Did you watch the Hawks last year? We played great in the regular season, but our biggest and most obvious weakness was size on the inside. Splitter offers so much value in that he can be a spot starter against larger lineups and can come off the bench and make an impact on both sides of the court.

Crawford doesn't offer anything that we don't already have on the roster. Our point guards are our strength and Korver, Hardaway and Baze can man the 2 well.

I think Edy will need some time in this offense before he can be useful. Can't put all your eggs in one basket on a player who hasn't played one NBA game yet. I do love Edy's upside though. He can be a better Rudy Gobert all day long. Hopefully he keeps taking coaching well. He is like a blank slate that has not learned any bad habits. Surprisingly he is very good at pick and rolls and defending them also. I hope he will be a Hawk for years to come, but don't see him contributing much early on.

http://i59.tinypic.com/9amru1.jpg

Edy better than Rudy? I don't know if that'll happen. I hope he can eventually be in the rotation though.

Edy better than Rudy? I don't know if that'll happen. I hope he can eventually be in the rotation though.

I think he can be eventually.  I don't think he will contribute much early on, but his ceiling is higher than Rudy's IMHO.  Longer, taller and moves better.

Did you watch the Hawks last year?  We played great in the regular season, but our biggest and most obvious weakness was size on the inside. Rebounding and rim protection had long been a problem, but we could mask it with our great perimeter defense and guard/forward rebounding. This weakness was exposed in the playoffs when teams slowed the game down. I mean, Brook Lopez looked like Kareem Abdul Jabbar against us. 

This is why Splitter is so important. Splitter offers so much value in that he can be a spot starter against larger lineups and can come off the bench and make an impact on both sides of the court.

Crawford doesn't offer anything that we don't already have on the roster.  Our point guards are our strength and Korver, Hardaway and Baze can man the 2 well. 

I think Edy will need some time in this offense before he can be useful.  Can't put all your eggs in one basket on a player who hasn't played one NBA game yet. I do love Edy's upside though.  He can be a better Rudy Gobert all day long.  Hopefully he keeps taking coaching well.  He is like a blank slate that has not learned any bad habits.  Surprisingly he is very good at pick and rolls and defending them also.  I hope he will be a Hawk for years to come, but don't see him contributing much early on.

Be not afraid. I already set a flame to the bandwagon I created and no one decided to jump on. We already have Hardaway(which I didnt think about) as a poor man's version and the trade-off in loosing Splitter is not worth it, at all.

However it was not only the game in the paint that made us loose and generally play dodgy series, but also that the regular season Hawks game of swinging passes around wasnt very effective in the playoffs, or rather wasnt allowed in the playoffs. Teams where able to anticipate our game. IMO we where also to one dimensional on offense, where we got stuck trying to pass the ball around and not coming up with anything. We also need some guys who can create their own shots. Not only to make those when needed, but also to create more triplle threath situations so that our passing game can actually be more effective.

I think thats why Bud wanted Hardaway. Im excited to see if he delivers. Surely there is some healthy trust and a role for him. That makes me confident that he will do his best to deliver.