• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Cavs looking to add Joe Johnson

So someone explain to me how the Cavs resign Leroid after all this. I understand the bird rights and situation of how they are acquiring all these players. Someone correct me of I am wrong but the Cavs do not have Lehgh's bird rights because he has only been there one year? They currently have three max contracts , and if you add Joe that's four. How the hell do they sign Lecheat?

• Admin

Joe would be a great fit there .... They held bird rights on all of those players but jr smith ... So they can sign them over the cap. They also have Brandon Haywood's 10 million contract which they can use towards Joe. They will have lux tax up the wazoo

Joe would be a great fit there .... They held bird rights on all of those players but jr smith ... So they can sign them over the cap. They also have Brandon Haywood's 10 million contract which they can use towards Joe. They will have lux tax up the wazoo

But how do they sign Lebron? He turn down the player option

But how do they sign Lebron? He turn down the player option

I believe they have early Bird rights on LeBron and LeBron is going to accept his early bird max. We could have done the same with Millsap, but Sap wanted more than the roughly 16 million his early bird max afforded, so we had to use our cap space to sign him. If Sap would have accepted his early bird max we could have signed free agents up to the cap and then went over the cap to sign him. I'm not going to hate on Sap for wanting his money, but him wanting 2 million more really limited us.

They'll have to include more salary to make it work. Joe's deal is $24 mil, Heywood is $10 mil. Options will be including Anderson Verajao or SnT involving JR Smith.

I believe they have early Bird rights on LeBron and LeBron is going to accept his early bird max. We could have done the same with Millsap, but Sap wanted more than the roughly 16 million his early bird max afforded, so we had to use our cap space to sign him. If Sap would have accepted his early bird max we could have signed free agents up to the cap and then went over the cap to sign him. I'm not going to hate on Sap for wanting his money, but him wanting 2 million more really limited us.

How ? He has played one year?