• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The South Got Something to Say.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Josh Childress as the 3rd best SF in Hawks history????? That's just sad and wrong.

Stacy Augmon.

And as much as Marvin didn't live up to his draft selection spot I'd definitely take him over Childress.

It's discussion worthy...

Augmon:  13.7 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 2.3 apg, 48.8% FG%, 21% 3Pt%, 1.98TOpg, 1.46 spg, 0.43 bpg

Childress:  11.1 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 1.8 apg, 52% FG%, 36% 3Pt%, 1.35TOpg, 1.01 spg, 0.54 bpg

Marvin:  11.5 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 1.3 apg, 45% FG%, 32.9% 3Pt%, 1.19 TOpg, 0.79 spg, 0.43 bpg

These were the three that you call out.   I still like Childress better because of his effeciency.  Sadly, he was the best 3 pt shooter of the bunch.  He also wasn't bad as a rebounder.  He also did comparable on defense.

Marvin was, what we thought he was.

So Here is my redo following the rules.   (at least 3 years, starting in 1970)

Centers: 

1.  Deke

2.  Z Beaty

3.  W. Bellamy

4.  A. Horford

5.  M. Malone

Power Forwards

1.  Kevin Willis

2.  Dan Roundfield

3.  Josh Smith

4.  Shareef Abdur Rahim.

5.  Christian Laettner

Small Forwards

1.  Dominique

2.  John Drew

3.  Josh Childress

4.  Craig Ehlo

5.  Ty Corbin

Shooting Guard

1.  Lou Hudson

2.  Joe Johnson

3. Steve Smith

4.  Kyle Korver

5.  Jason Terry

Point Guard

1.  Mookie Blaylock

2.  Pete Maravich

3.  Doc Rivers

4.  Jeff Teague

5.  Mike Bibby

Coaches

1.  Bud

2.  Lenny  Wilkens

3.  Mike Fratello

4.  Larry Drew

5.  Hubey Brown

Discussions:

Ty Corbin vs. Marvin Williams vs. Cliff Levingston?

Lenny Wilkens vs. Mike Fratello?

Mookie vs. Pistol Pete?

Josh Smith vs. Rahim vs. Laettner vs. Steve Hawes?

Mike Bibby vs. Jason Terry?

Honorable mentions:  Spudd Webb, Charlie Criss, Mike Bibby, Tyron Lue, Dwight Jones, Ken Norman, and Alan Henderson.

Do we let our hate keep Josh Smith and Joe Johnson from going higher on the list?

Is tree Rollins a top 5 Center despite what the stats Say?

Good list. my responses: Yes, tree should be top 5. He affected MORE shots than anybody ive ever seen at center because he played at a time when they let them PLAY in the paint. Roundfield, without a doubt, is the best power forward the Atlanta Hawks have ever had. He had a complete game and dominated the defensive end in a way Willis never did. He won defensive player of the year for the Hawks. As much as i disliked his game, Josh Smith has to be top 5, if for his defense only. Shooting guard is about right. I forgot about Bibby, good scoop there. You got some good Honorable mentions also.

Josh Childress as the 3rd best SF in Hawks history????? That's just sad and wrong.

Stacy Augmon.

And as much as Marvin didn't live up to his draft selection spot I'd definitely take him over Childress.

THANK YOU!!!!   Somebody finally mentioned Plastic Man.  

He was a huge reason why that 93 - 94 team won 57 games that year.  He had the highest WS/48 on the team that year, at .179 . . with an 17.9 PER . . and an almost 58% Total Shot percentage . . . while making only 1 out of 7 threes that year.

Despite Stacey starting at guard, he was a prototypical SF size at 6-8.

He was a huge reason why that 93 - 94 team won 57 games that year.  He had the highest WS/48 on the team that year, at .179 . . with an 17.9 PER . . and an almost 58% Total Shot percentage . . . while making only 1 out of 7 threes that year.

Ummm, wrong. go back to the second page. I have him ranked in my top five small forward list.

• Premium Member

Well, that there was the problem.   He was a SG or OG in our offense.   Nique was not moving (until he got hurt).  We have always been pretty decent at SG... SF has been our problem.   I mean, Jim Jackson, even JR Rider were good SGs.... Rider was just an issue.