• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bleacher Trade Bait: Thoughts?

benhillboy

Hopefully the trade deadline will be much more eventful than last year's.  I didn't mind and understood the Hawks standing pat last year due to dominating the East and the GM situation being in limbo, but this year, not so much.  

I might've browsed the Trade Thread section once last season.  Losing to young, inexperienced teams like Boston and Minny will have me here much more often.  The assets I thought most germane to our situation were:

Out the door: 

Baze

They say we should get something now (first rounder?) instead of waiting and getting nothing when his stock rises but the brass doesn't want to pay him because they view him as an expendable beneficiary of the system like Junkyard.

In the door:

Celtics Brooklyn pick (second tries a charm?)

Ilyasova.  I always liked dude.  Good size and probably a better three point threat than not-quite ready Kyle, but short on defense.

Terrance Jones.  I had no idea he was a very highly-rated rim protector.

C.J. Miles is C.J. Miles.  He's like the poster child for "non-descript, adequate SF."  I was surprised to see his TS is less than Baze's.  He does have an inch and 30 pounds on him, though.

On 11/26/2015, 6:47:33, Diesel said:

Dennis for Hood and a first.

Quinn Synder loves Dennis and he needs a starting quality PG.

Hood and Burks won't co-exist for long.

I'd rather Burks (as I've been stating seemingly ad nauseum) although I know the money doesn't work IIUC.  Hood certainly fits but Burks has an aggressiveness offensively that we lack.