• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Man oh man

Weez

Ok, home for the holidays, I finally get to do what I do every time I get back home to the ATL...go to Hawks games.This was my first of the year to see in person...and everything that has been discussed on this board...more or lesss...

The answer to will this team ever play to it's "potential" with Stotts is simple...NO.

but the reasons are bidirectional.

Firstly, the "motion offense,which is currently being employed by may teams, including the East leading Pacers, " won't work with this group of players simply because, as a whole, they aren't smart enough. they don't understand what it takes to win games down the stretch, how to grind things out...and they don't have a pg (the last a well discussed matter).

JT's a shooting guard. I wn't go into specifics about tonight's game, but it's that simple (however this wsa thefirst time I realized that he barely has a left hand...usable only for changing/reversing directions, not for handling the ball or continuing the" play").

SAR's a very very good player...but we can't utilize him with this cast and this offense...but more the priort han the latter.

Goal: Artest to pair with Diaw at the swing. Harrington or R. Wallace at the four. SAR, JT,

if Indy really that unhappy with Artest, and he with them, (see talks tonight) trade for him, and do whatever it takes...and I actually mean SAR. SAR/JT for Artest/Harrington/Croshere is very close to wokring on realgm...I think it could be worked, and I think seems fair for both teams.

The other move: pick up Rasheed in the offseason, assuming the first move (acquiring Artest) is made. Portland's talking now about just letting him walk, not being able to get what want for him. He's in the position now to sign a more Juwan Howard type Magic deal.

If we built, started with that at the 2/3/4: Artest and Diaw with either Harrington or Wallace at the four, we'd have something to work with. Cap space wouldn't be comprimised , the team would be completely rebuilt with a new look and talent, and a fresh start would be in place...with talent.

KB21,

Most guys in the league smoke dope. They just don't get caught.

Besides, Artest isn't a pothead, and if he was - it certainly doesn't diminish his REAL value and that is the value of a great defensive basketball player.

I would LOVE to get our hands on Artest. He wouldn't allow us to pussyfoot around....

Not sure if I would want Rasheed. He is an idiot. His racist remarks a month ago REALLY hurt him in my books. I don't think we need that kind of attitude in our locker room.

Play.

i agree... Artest has that DESIRE and "i hate to lose" attitude to win in the NBA.

sure he can be a handful at times, but he has shown the ability to control it this year. hes well worth the risk. imo, he should be an allstar this year. he came into the league with his defense and his offense is now good enuf to be a 2nd or 3rd option.

and yes, many players in the NBA smoke weed... i believe Jason Williams (the ex-C/PF for Nets) believed that like 90% tried weed and 25%? (not sure about this number) smoke regularly.

its just that many players arent smart and get caught...