Point Guard idea....

ViewsFromTheSquawk

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Exactly. They aren't trading Bazz and Dieng. I almost wish they would trade Bazz because he's been seriously underplayed his entire career so far but I think Thibs is going to get him more minutes.

The TWolves are ready to take a major turn up as soon as next season with their young players and the high lottery pick they will have this year.

Did soth just say turn-up?  Man your schwag quotient went waaay up after getting that schmartphone.  You're welcome?

Seriously though, I look for them to get markedly better this coming season.  I wonder if they'd consider swapping that lotto pick out for a win-now type-a vet?  Too much youth on that squad although IIRC Thibs won with a relatively young CHI team initially.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Did soth just say turn-up?  Man your schwag quotient went waaay up after getting that schmartphone.  You're welcome?

Seriously though, I look for them to get markedly better this coming season.  I wonder if they'd consider swapping that lotto pick out for a win-now type-a vet?  Too much youth on that squad although IIRC Thibs won with a relatively young CHI team initially.

I've wondered if they would trade that pick to Atlanta for Millsap depending on where the pick lands tomorrow night.

6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I've wondered if they would trade that pick to Atlanta for Millsap depending on where the pick lands tomorrow night.

Hmmm, interesting.  Doubt that pick would be enough though.  Like I keep saying to the tankers, there's no LeighBorn's or even any Wiggins in this draft I don't think.  Plenty of solid guys but nothing I'd give up a player like Millsap for.  I'm not sure the Twolves have anything (available) that I'd trade Millsap for even with that pick.

Not overrating Millsap, I actually have been wanting to trade him since early in the season.  I just don't think there's anything there (that's available) that'd help us really.

Am I that far off in my thinking?

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Hmmm, interesting.  Doubt that pick would be enough though.  Like I keep saying to the tankers, there's no LeighBorn's or even any Wiggins in this draft I don't think.  Plenty of solid guys but nothing I'd give up a player like Millsap for.  I'm not sure the Twolves have anything (available) that I'd trade Millsap for even with that pick.

Not overrating Millsap, I actually have been wanting to trade him since early in the season.  I just don't think there's anything there (that's available) that'd help us really.

Frankly...yes. Millsap isn't some 25 year old forward coming off an All NBA season. He's in his 30's with a short contract. Minn would be taking a big gamble giving up a top five pick for him. Heck it may even be the #1 pick, who knows?

11 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Frankly...yes. Millsap isn't some 25 year old forward coming off an All NBA season. He's in his 30's with a short contract. Minn would be taking a big gamble giving up a top five pick for him. Heck it may even be the #1 pick, who knows?

Eh, I'm just not high on any of these draftees really.  Top 5, top 10 blech.  They all look average as grits to me, including Simmons.  He's gonna get about 2 GM's fired before his second deal IMHO.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Eh, I'm just not high on any of these draftees really.  Top 5, top 10 blech.  They all look average as grits to me, including Simmons.  He's gonna get about 2 GM's fired before his second deal IMHO.

I disagree. Simmons could be something special.

45 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ya, you're way off. Simmons and Ingram are definitely can't miss guys. I'd throw in Jaylen Brown in there too. I'd trade SAP for a top 5 for sure.

6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I disagree. Simmons could be something special.

He'll put up numbers on a bad team.  Will he ever be a force in the playoffs?  Maybe but no time soon.  That's all I'm saying.

1 minute ago, Spud2Nique said:

Ya, you're way off. Simmons and Ingram are definitely can't miss guys. I'd throw in Jaylen Brown in there too. I'd trade SAP for a top 5 for sure.

Define 'can't miss' in terms of time.  When will they be able to lead a team to the extent that Sap led us.  Now, put down your pitchforks, I'm not saying Sap led us to the Finals or anything.  And I certainly recognize ceilings are higher for those guys.

Our problem is we can't wait until they're up for RFA for them to "arrive".  None of these guys are as good as Towns, for example, who was most certainly worth trading Sap.  Maybe Ingram?  Maybe.

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

He'll put up numbers on a bad team.  Will he ever be a force in the playoffs?  Maybe but no time soon.  That's all I'm saying.

Define 'can't miss' in terms of time.  When will they be able to lead a team to the extent that Sap led us.  Now, put down your pitchforks, I'm not saying Sap led us to the Finals or anything.  And I certainly recognize ceilings are higher for those guys.

Our problem is we can't wait until they're up for RFA for them to "arrive".  None of these guys are as good as Towns, for example, who was most certainly worth trading Sap.  Maybe Ingram?  Maybe.

I think if we resign Al, we would still be able to keep the core together for the most part, but trading Sap could possible allow us to keep winning but retool, I'm not interested in a complete rebuild but when you can't win a single game against the Cavs in consecutive years, you gotta make a more significant change than adding low end free agents. You have to roll the dice and make a move. We have to try something new. I love Sap and Teague and Al and everyone else but we need to make at least ONE big move this summer. 

15 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I think if we resign Al, we would still be able to keep the core together for the most part, but trading Sap could possible allow us to keep winning but retool, I'm not interested in a complete rebuild but when you can't win a single game against the Cavs in consecutive years, you gotta make a more significant change than adding low end free agents. You have to roll the dice and make a move. We have to try something new. I love Sap and Teague and Al and everyone else but we need to make at least ONE big move this summer. 

Agree for the most part.  But I figure we could flip Sap for a young-ish vet rather than a rookie.  Still think UT is a great partner for that.  Favors/Burks for Sap + whatever?  Huh?  Huh?  Sign Boban from SA?  Huh?  You smell what I'm cookin'?

Also, kudos on a successful thread-jak.

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Agree for the most part.  But I figure we could flip Sap for a young-ish vet rather than a rookie.  Still think UT is a great partner for that.  Favors/Burks for Sap + whatever?  Huh?  Huh?  Sign Boban from SA?  Huh?  You smell what I'm cookin'?

Also, kudos on a successful thread-jak.

Lol...I like Favors but I honestly don't think he would come up big in the playoffs...he's got a Millsap-esque personality...calm and quiet and reserved. I'm not saying that's bad, but we need a guy that's got some tude on the floor, I'd definitely love Paul George if he becomes available. I want an alpha dog that will show up in the playoffs. I still think the Pacers should have beaten the Raptors. Raptors got lucky to advance imo.

20 hours ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

Alright alright alright. My tears have been cried and now we look forward to the offseason. With that in mind I have an idea for our highly debated PG debacle.... 

Rumor is the San Antonio Spurs and their little youth movement  isn't as great as they'd hoped.  Granted the best record in Spurs history is quite impressive , they ran outta gas coming down the stretch in the postseason. And it really showed vs OKC. So with that the rumor is they're going to be targeting Mike Conley this summer. So that leaves either Tony Parker and Patty Mills (more than likely Mills) up for grabs. With this in mind would y'all send a 2nd to the Spurs for Patty that way we can feel more safe with trading Teague? 

I wouldn't. If anything SA may try to hold on to Mills. Meanwhile, Parker would be nice. A former Finals MVP who could run Bud's offense the right way consistently and not go from aggressive to passive like Teague. 

I'd love for the Hawks to get Diaw back. Unlike Horford, Diaw wouldn't be a liability on the perimeter guarding the Channing Frye's. He'd give them fits. I remember how he made it difficult for Bosh in the Finals two years ago.

7 hours ago, kg01 said:

Mills doesn't help us in any capacity.  Nor does Tony Parker at this point in his career.  I'd recommend trading with anyone but SA.  The piece(s) they have that we want/need (which rhymes with Kawhi Leonard) isn't available.

Like @Lurker said we could draft a guy to play alongside with him. Heard we've been working out Hart from Villanova but I definitely wouldn't oppose to Denzel either.