• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No matter what the Hawks do, it's not enough.

Gray Mule

3 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

JayBirdHawk

Hawks play by the rules and stay under the cap.

Cleveland Cavs ask, "What cap?  We don't pay any attention to that silly thing!"

How could that cap be enforced?  Easy.  Any team that is over the cap MUST outright release enough

players to get under the cap.....

The rule is if you go over the cap then all the other teams under the cap get your money. The ASG was quite content to get the fines from over the cap teams.

Teams can't  decide well I'm  going over the cap this year no matter what. Resigning your own players over a number of years has a lot to do with it. It's  the CBA way.

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This Hawks Ownership has owned this team for less than a year.  Management (Bud Wilcox etc has been here for 3 years)

For most of the ASG Ownership years the Hawks have never exceeded the salary cap (not that you want to do it just to do it).  It'll be interesting to see if that happens this year.

Yeah, my bad. Yeah, ownership had almost a year to observe. 

Right! 

The best thing you can hope for is the chance to see Lebron keep losing in the finals.  Seeing the city of Cleveland keep losing championships with Lebron would be a joy to watch.  I don't think Toronto is even going to compete with Cleveland as well as the Hawks did.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Trout7 said:

The best thing you can hope for is the chance to see Lebron keep losing in the finals.  Seeing the city of Cleveland keep losing championships with Lebron would be a joy to watch.  I don't think Toronto is even going to compete with Cleveland as well as the Hawks did.

Since LeBron is todays version of what is wrong with the NBA  in more than one way I love watching him not win the title every year possible. Hopefully he falls short again this year. He buys players to surround himself with and has the refs cater to him consistently. Makes anguished baby faces when he is called for a foul yet he is a bulldozer on offense with no reason for caution at all. Pretends he doesn't call the shots for who  will be or who remains his team's coach. To top it off he is close to inking a one billion dollar deal with a shoe company. The rich keep getting richer wether it's right or wrong. Capitalism can be weird sometimes. And we thought it was bad with MJ in the past.      

• Like 1

23 hours ago, thescout5 said:

I agree for the forseeable future the Cavs will be tough to beat. Remember it still took the right moves for the stars to align. Th Golden State Warriors were bad for some time but chose wisely drafting Curry and Thompson. No one thought Draymomd Green would be the player he was a 2nd round pick. Other players like Bogut,Levingston were acquired shrewdly. It still takes the right moves at the right time something the Hawks refused to do when a high quality player may have been available. Their reasoning was thngs are going good now we don't want to break up the chemistry. Sure thats good if you want a mediocre team but the regualr season is much different than the post season. The hawks have failed to add talent. Something that teams who go far also they can play either small ball or big ball. The Hawks who do they h av e other than Sap that can really score in the post and board. we saw vs the Cavs Sap had problems inside with TT giving him alot fo trouble.

You want to close the gap between the Cavs,Warriors vs Hawks make the right moves at the right time would be a good start.

18 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

I'd give the Hawks ownership the benefit of the doubt. They're going into their 3rd year and for the first time they're not saddled with deals no longer than a year so they can flip expirings for picks or even take on longer contracts to establish the identity they want versus having to work with what Ferry got.

We've been benefit-of-the-doubt-ing for quite a while now. I'm gonna remain pessimistic  on our off season. That way, disappointment  won't be a thing. Lol

• Like 1

• Premium Member

NFL is top dog in professional sports due to the fact that they specialize in selling HOPE. It seems like every year a few teams come out of nowhere and have a "surprise" season.  The NBA sells "offensive excitement". That's why they protect their best offensive " superstar". The NBA promise to give you high scoring games, buzzer beaters, dunks and long 3pt shots. Not since Dennis Rodman has there been a defensive superstar in the NBA. What's crazy is we all can call the NBA's final four before the season starts and hit 2 of 4.