• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are We Overreacting to Our Playoff Loss to CLE?

yardbird

• Moderators
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That's true of all these East teams.

Yep.  No one other than Cleveland is a championship contender.  Anyone else is like the Iverson / Mutombo Sixers just showing up and hoping the other team's bus crashes so they'll have a chance to win the series.

59 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@yardbird I'm  unclear what you are asking? Are you talking about draftinng guys like Drummond and the shooter or gettig them via free agency?

free agency, similar to what we did with DeMarrre, bazemore but a more developed player with higher potential and cost.

4 minutes ago, yardbird said:

free agency, similar to what we did with DeMarrre, bazemore but a more developed player with higher potential and cost.

Are we resigning both  Horford and Bazemore?

The current salary of our current roster  next season including capholds of all free agents is approximately $84 mil which leaves us with about  $8 mil in capspace.

I need more info though.

56 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Are we resigning both  Horford and Bazemore?

The current salary of our current roster  next season including capholds of all free agents is approximately $84 mil which leaves us with about  $8 mil in capspace.

I need more info though.

Definitely Horford.  If Bazemore is a casualty to an upgrade at the wing, we may lose him.  Really saying we take a step back losing Al who, while not a superstar, brings unique talents to our team.  He needs to be kept since we can't replace what he brings.  We'd miss Baze, but not as much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yardbird said:

Definitely Horford.  If Bazemore is a casualty to an upgrade at the wing, we may lose him.  Really saying we take a step back losing Al who, while not a superstar, brings unique talents to our team.  He needs to be kept since we can't replace what he brings.  We'd miss Baze, but not as much.

Ok, so if we release Baze's  caphold that's  an addt'l $2.6 mil. , bringing our capspace to $10 mil.

Renounce Kirk - $5.6 mil, Capspace now at $15.6 mil and so on if you keep renouncing our other free agents  and team option players. Trade Splitter for a 2nd round pick and that's and addt'l $8 5 mil. This is with Al's caphold of $18 mil.

So you are wondering what rebounding big and/or SF we can get similar to DMC type contract but more skill with $15 mil or $24 mil if Splitter is included.

After all that, I don't  know who those  players would be, lol. Requires some  thought.

You can check the list of FA centers and SFs and throw out some ideas.

42 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Ok, so if we release Baze's  caphold that's  an addt'l $2.6 mil. , bringing our capspace to $10 mil.

Renounce Kirk - $5.6 mil, Capspace now at $15.6 mil and so on if you keep renouncing our other free agents  and team option players. Trade Splitter for a 2nd round pick and that's and addt'l $8 5 mil. This is with Al's caphold of $18 mil.

So you are wondering what rebounding big and/or SF we can get similar to DMC type contract but more skill with $15 mil or $24 mil if Splitter is included.

After all that, I don't  know who those  players would be, lol. Requires some  thought.

You can check the list of FA centers and SFs and throw out some ideas.

Harrison Barnes, Luol Deng, Joakim Noah, Ryan Anderson, Courtney Lee, Festus Ezeli, Zaur aka Zaza Pachulia :-)

27 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Harrison Barnes, Luol Deng, Joakim Noah, Ryan Anderson, Courtney Lee, Festus Ezeli, Zaur aka Zaza Pachulia :-)

I think he's talking about value  contracts with skill to divvy up the  hypothetical $24 million - so guys Barnes and Anderson would be out.  

I read Festuz could get as much as $17 mil :hmm:

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think he's talking about value  contracts with skill to divvy up the  hypothetical $24 million - so guys Barnes and Anderson would be out.  

I read Festuz could get as much as $17 mil :hmm:

Oh my bad...I thought you said try and find guys who will make 15 mill a year. Festus for 17mill is an absolute joke. He's good but about 8 mill a year good not 17.

1 minute ago, Spud2Nique said:

Oh my bad...I thought you said try and find guys who will make 15 mill a year. Festus for 17mill is an absolute joke. He's good but about 8 mill a year good not 17.

From @yardbird original question , I think he asked about getting guys like DMC's original contract with us but more skill or maybe he meant DMC's current contract but more skilled.  He'll  have to clarify.

12 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

From @yardbird original question , I think he asked about getting guys like DMC's original contract with us but more skill or maybe he meant DMC's current contract but more skilled.  He'll  have to clarify.

It's DMC's incoming skill level at about 3x his incoming salary.  And, was hoping to not renounce everyone except possibly Baze, assuming the incoming player is an upgrade at the SF.  Assuming we can bring in the SF plus the physical big first, then resign Horford leaving us over the cap but with a more competitive team.  Probably losing guys like Muscala too.

14 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Paying Festus 17 million would probably be more than the "Gunsmoke" character made in the history of the show.

19 hours ago, yardbird said:

I do agree. In reference to Baze, I really like his hustle and improvement but Bud will mostly always play him out of position except if or when SG injuries strike us. Wether he stays or goes we need that oh so wanted size increase and two way game at SF.