• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Fizzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The Memphis Grizzlies are ready to make another assistant coach a first-time NBA head coach after offering their job to Miami Heat assistant David Fizdale, according to a person familiar with the negotiations.

34 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I like to call him the 'Light skinned Woody with glasses'  lol.

That's exactly what I was thinking. The Grizz are going to be on a steady treadmill for 3-5 years. I think Gasol and Conley are gone. Actually Gasol will need to ask for a trade, he already signed. 

Hey, how bout us? Gasol for Sap?

So the Grizzles canned a solid coach in Joerger because of several moments of a strained relationship with the FO. The FO cut off their nose to spite their face with this move and to boot don't hire a veteran head coach that would at least maintain some hope for the playoffs. They have so many questions to deal with over the future roster. Dumping all this on a new guy will be a crazy difficult test.   

19 minutes ago, Thomas said:

So the Grizzles canned a solid coach in Joerger because of several moments of a strained relationship with the FO. The FO cut off their nose to spite their face with this move and to boot don't hire a veteran head coach that would at least maintain some hope for the playoffs. They have so many questions to deal with over the future roster. Dumping all this on a new guy will be a crazy difficult test.   

That front office cut their nose off when they ran Lionel Hollis off.  It was all downhill from there.  Remember Joerger was their golden boy.  The problem seems to be that he saw the same meddling and nonsense that bothered Hollins and (rightfully so IMHO) ultimately started looking for an exit strategy himself.  Recall he was a finalist for the Minnesota job and was alleged to have been putting feelers out for other jobs.

The guy who reported that Joerger would be fired mid-season went on to say that the FO was basically done with him after the MN job flirtation.  All in all, that place is a slowly simmering dumpster fire waiting to rage outta control.

Fitzdale was supposedly a guy looking to become a HC off the success of the big3 in MIA but missed his window to get a real job.  This is a desperation move for him which is weird because I never thought of him as some great coaching prospect.

MEM could still be moderately successful if the main guys stay and decide to buy-in.  If I'm Conley, why would I latch my prime onto this aging bunch and bet on a FO that has never drafted well and isn't going to draw the FAgents needed to maintain?

We've had more discussion about Bud's new assistants than we've ever had about him and he was here for years.  What is he known for?  He seems like the guy who suggests barbers, tailors, and rap to the team.  Secondarily, he's pretty swift breaking out the clipboard and the marker is always on his person.

All I remember is going to a game and seeing his attention fixed on the Kiss Cam during a 2nd Half huddle.  I thought to myself "that dude's a d&@k."

Edited by benhillboy