• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta pro sports fans --- Not all really happy.

Gray Mule

Atlanta Hawks:  Made the playoffs but swept (again) by the Cleveland Cavs.  We're looking forward

to all the expected off season moves and hoping for things to get better.

Atlanta Falcons:  Off season, hoping that the trades and drafted players can bring them back up

after a season that was, Bla!, to say the least .

Atlanta Braves:  Trying to rebuild from the ground up with young players, many of which are only

now AAA league players but are trying to be major leaguers.  They now have a lot of great minor

league players which they hope mature before next season and their new home.

Atlanta Dream:  Pre season, our female pro team was slotted # 11 in a league of 12 teams.  Expected

to be only one place from the bottom.  Most here hate the WNBA, saying that watching paint dry or

grass grow is more exciting than this.  Maybe for you.  You only like the male athlete.  These Atlanta

girls are showing the boys how they ought to be playing, with a 6-1 record, they lead the eastern division.

Four pro teams representing Atlanta.  Three out of four leaves Atlanta sports fans feeling so sad.  We

want our men to win.  Come on Hawks, Falcons and Braves.  Give us some hope!

:air_kiss: Meanwhile, GO DREAM !!

• Like 3

• Premium Member

As a Tennessee alum I like women's college basketball when we are playing.   Just can't take the WNBA.    There are a lot of long suffering Atlanta pro sports fans.   The South is really about college football.     Everything else is just a second thought.  

15 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

As a Tennessee alum I like women's college basketball when we are playing.   Just can't take the WNBA.    There are a lot of long suffering Atlanta pro sports fans.   The South is really about college football.     Everything else is just a second thought.  

Same here, I loved women's basketball when I went to school at Tennessee and still watch them every now and again. But the WNBA? Nope, just can't do it. College football rules and will continue well into the future. The only way the pros make a serious dent is when one of the pro teams make a serious run in the postseason (no one here cares about making the 2nd round), which rarely happens...

• Like 1

• Moderators

I don't get the knock on the WNBA but i'll admit i don't watch very much.   Whenever I do I love it.   It's great basketball.   I still think they'd do better tying it to the NBA season.   Summer is just a terrible time to have a pro sports season except for baseball.  It only works for baseball because of three things: tradition, outdoors, and play everyday.   WNBA has none of that, and this city is chock full of festivals and activities that are concentrated during the Dream season.   .  

• Like 2

On 6/4/2016 at 7:14 PM, Gray Mule said:

Atlanta Hawks:  Made the playoffs but swept (again) by the Cleveland Cavs.  We're looking forward

to all the expected off season moves and hoping for things to get better.

Atlanta Falcons:  Off season, hoping that the trades and drafted players can bring them back up

after a season that was, Bla!, to say the least .

Atlanta Braves:  Trying to rebuild from the ground up with young players, many of which are only

now AAA league players but are trying to be major leaguers.  They now have a lot of great minor

league players which they hope mature before next season and their new home.

Atlanta Dream:  Pre season, our female pro team was slotted # 11 in a league of 12 teams.  Expected

to be only one place from the bottom.  Most here hate the WNBA, saying that watching paint dry or

grass grow is more exciting than this.  Maybe for you.  You only like the male athlete.  These Atlanta

girls are showing the boys how they ought to be playing, with a 6-1 record, they lead the eastern division.

Four pro teams representing Atlanta.  Three out of four leaves Atlanta sports fans feeling so sad.  We

want our men to win.  Come on Hawks, Falcons and Braves.  Give us some hope!

:air_kiss: Meanwhile, GO DREAM !!

It should be an interesting off-season for the Hawks. Falcons should be more competitive this year. I believe they got the hardest schedule in the league. Braves should finally be competitive in 2017, all that tanking.

• Like 1