Chad Ford's "Grade A" Mock Draft

AHF

• Moderators

This is the selection for each team that would earn them an "A" from him:

Get all of ESPN's draft coverage from Chad Ford and more experts here.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Flight said:

Am I wrong for NOT wanting Bembry? lol

I'd GLADLY take Malik,  be happy with diallo or Valentine over him.

I don't want Bembry either. He plays a pretty fundamental game but something is missing. He doesn't have the "it" factor for me. I'd really love to take a shot at Denzel Valentine or Ulis despite all the injury talk. These guys aren't big men and with modern medicine today, I doubt their injuries are that big of a deal. Plus, they have heart. Let's please draft somebody with work ethic and heart for once.

It would be a mistake to pass on Beasley for Bembry, IMHO.

He has more upside than Valentin or Bembry. I know Beasley is a SG and they are more SFs but I'd swing for the upside. Especially when the upside guy was also super productive against really good ACC competition as a true freshman.

That being said..............I would not be mad at taking Valetin or Bembry. I personally don't see Bembry fitting because he can't catch and shoot and we demand  that ability out of the wing position.

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, coachx said:

It would be a mistake to pass on Beasley for Bembry, IMHO.

He has more upside than Valentin or Bembry. I know Beasley is a SG and they are more SFs but I'd swing for the upside. Especially when the upside guy was also super productive against really good ACC competition as a true freshman.

That being said..............I would not be mad at taking Valetin or Bembry. I personally don't see Bembry fitting because he can't catch and shoot and we demand  that ability out of the wing position.

I don't know anything about these guys but I'll take the wing that can shoot.   Seems like Bembry is horrible from 3 and horrible at FTs.

Wow ! Am I blind ? I don't see Taurean Prince listed any where in Ford's 1st round. He would be a solid pickup if he is still on the board at #21. He is like a bigger version of D. Carroll.

Edited by coachx

That's the #1 guy I said that I DONT want us to take, Bembry (in NBA draft thread). He reminds me of Childress, I know a lot of people liked Childress but I didn't.