• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Did we earn a trip to EC finals tonight? No.

sturt

• Premium Member

But we did some good things, imo.

Prince is penciled in as the player we wished we'd added last off-season to replace DMC.

Bembry appears to have some star potential per some non-ATL fans.

Then, there was this from a DX analyst...

2016-06-23_2325.png

Bilas thought enough of the night to list our haul near the top of his list.

So, yeah.... still have some FA work to do, but then again, we pretty much knew we would before the festivities got started.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, atljonesbro said:

Hmmm I thought the miserable bunch on here knew best. I guess jay bilas needs to step down and hand them a job.

Well Jay thought everyone after pick 10 should have taken Davis or Skal. I am not bashing Jay, how many people would get all 30 picks right? Answer is none.

Some Mocks had Prince going to the Celtics at 16. I could see that happening since their coach loves defensive players and their biggest team need is 3 point shooting. I am glad we took the best available 3 and D player left and not them.

In answer to the question, all we have to do is get better than Toronto, an aging Heat team, and a improving Pacers team. Finish 2nd in the East, stay away from the Cavs, I can see the ECF happening again.

Edited by Buzzard

1 hour ago, atljonesbro said:

Hmmm I thought the miserable bunch on here knew best. I guess jay bilas needs to step down and hand them a job.

Proper term is The Miserable Ones...

8 hours ago, sturt said:

Prince is penciled in as the player we wished we'd added last off-season to replace DMC.

2016-06-23_2325.png

So, yeah.... still have some FA work to do, but then again, we pretty much knew we would before the festivities got started.

Yeah, I'm kinda coming around. Prince will get minutes and when Bembry does see the floor I think he will get a good number of free throws. We have been pretty absent from the line lately. 

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Well Jay thought everyone after pick 10 should have taken Davis or Skal. I am not bashing Jay, how many people would get all 30 picks right? Answer is none.

Some Mocks had Prince going to the Celtics at 16. I could see that happening since their coach loves defensive players and their biggest team need is 3 point shooting. I am glad we took the best available 3 and D player left and not them.

In answer to the question, all we have to do is get better than Toronto, an aging Heat team, and a improving Pacers team. Finish 2nd in the East, stay away from the Cavs, I can see the ECF happening again.

I take some comfort in the fact it was reported Budcox was trying to move back a few slots from 12. And some comfort in the fact that when that didn't happen for them, they stuck to their guns and drafted the primary target. I agree that they couldn't get too cute--Cs very well could have had Prince in their sites. Given who they ended up drafting at 16 in comparison to where he was projected, it seems likely.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Thomas said:

Yeah, I'm kinda coming around. Prince will get minutes and when Bembry does see the floor I think he will get a good number of free throws. We have been pretty absent from the line lately. 

Honestly, I see little reason to think they both won't be doing the D-League shuffle in their rookie year like pretty much every pick of this regime before them. I reserve the right to change my mind, though, based on what we see in Summer League. Conventional wisdom says if we're going to improve somehow this season, it's going to take a major surprise development in FA.

15 hours ago, sturt said:

2016-06-23_2325.png

Wow a French Tyler Johnson huh? Let me go fondle myself...

5 hours ago, sturt said:

I take some comfort in the fact it was reported Budcox was trying to move back a few slots from 12. And some comfort in the fact that when that didn't happen for them, they stuck to their guns and drafted the primary target. I agree that they couldn't get too cute--Cs very well could have had Prince in their sites. Given who they ended up drafting at 16 in comparison to where he was projected, it seems likely.

I can see the Celtics coach liking Prince a lot. They also did not take Beasley at 16 and that surprised me. I think Ainge got out Ainged in this draft by not getting Prince or Beasley. He was all focused on the big move and probably had his worse draft in years.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
42 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Wow a French Tyler Johnson huh? Let me go fondle myself...

Please. Is the nauseating word picture really necessary?

(hehe)

Back to the actual topic... Bradley must have been chanelling my frontal cortex as he wrote these wise, even profound ( ;) ), words...

http://markbradley.blog.myajc.com/2016/06/23/the-hawks-get-their-wings-and-theres-nothing-wrong-with-that/