• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ideal fit but 3 way trade needed

Been wracking my brain on some way for us to acquire Danny Green and Patty Mills. I think I broke the ESPN trade machine. Virtually impossible for us to get those two guys without giving up players that we probably don't want to give up. I just think they are perfect for us. I believe @JayBirdHawk mentioned us getting them in another thread and also mentioned Green's lasik eye surgery. He is numbers should return to form next year. Also Bud is familiar with both guys so it would be a smooth transition.

Can we please do a deal like this vs signing Luol Deng and getting Brandon Jennings as a FA....please!...lol

Yes, no, maybe so?

9 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

The ESPN Trade machine is using the 2015-2016 salary cap still. It would actually be very easy for us to acquire them in a trade on July 1st, but the only way that happens is if SA wants to make cap room for a big free agent (ie. Durant).

Nice. I tried trading Splitter back to them and it specifically told me that they can't reacquire the same player they traded to us less than a year ago lol 

• Premium Member

I'm sure that San Antonio would consider Thabo for Patty.  But would we.

Honestly, Patty Mills would be a best case scenerio for us for BU PG.   He's a Bud guy...  He knows the system.  He can drive and shoot.   Thabo is our best wing defender, but We have so many 2s.

10 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Been wracking my brain on some way for us to acquire Danny Green and Patty Mills. I think I broke the ESPN trade machine. Virtually impossible for us to get those two guys without giving up players that we probably don't want to give up. I just think they are perfect for us. I believe @JayBirdHawk mentioned us getting them in another thread and also mentioned Green's lasik eye surgery. He is numbers should return to form next year. Also Bud is familiar with both guys so it would be a smooth transition.

Can we please do a deal like this vs signing Luol Deng and getting Brandon Jennings as a FA....please!...lol

Yes, no, maybe so?

If the Spurs are interest in Durant or Mike Conley (Parker to the bench, he said 'whatever Pop wants') as has been reported, they need to clear cap space. We can help by taking them into our cap space for 2nd round picks, and still have anywhere from $11-$14 mil to spend depending on other moves.

A straight up trade - that's more difficult.