• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

SI - More Horf, More Tito

AHF

• Moderators

Article focuses on Horford's move and then on Dominican basketball.  Not much new.

http://www.si.com/nba/2016/09/30/al-horford-boston-celtics-brad-stevens-john-calipari-karl-anthony-towns

Al Horford: "I'd been [in Atlanta] nine years. So for me to leave the situation and everything here, it was going to take a very special place for me to do that. When I look at the Boston team, the guys we have, a lot of younger guys, I just see a lot of potential."

"I got to play against them a lot last season, and I was just very impressed with how hard they play. Their commitment to wanting to do the right things and play the right way. As the process kept going and it started to become a little more real, I felt like it was a possibility to be part of that. I felt that it was going to be a good fit for me. To be able to come in and just start building, and see how good we can be."

"I know they're very passionate up there. It's a little more intense. They're all about their teams up there. I have a lot of respect obviously for the organization and what they do, and that was definitely important for me."

"I've known Kevin [Durant] over the years, I spoke to him a couple times here and there. But when I made my decision, I didn't know what was going on and what was going to happen with him. I was trying to decide for myself, between Washington and Atlanta and Boston."

"[Brad Stevens] was important. The ability to make decisions in his offense, and the way that he portrayed everything, definitely attracted me."

"Amir Johnson came down to Atlanta to work out with me earlier this summer. That meant a lot to me. We got together, started working out a little bit. RJ Hunter was around as well. I saw Jae Crowder, he came down and worked out one day, too. I've seen Kelly and Isaiah here and there. But now I'm looking forward to all of us getting together to start building."

So the only two teams that Horford looked at moving to were our division rivals and our historic conference rivals?  Interesting vetting process there Al.

• Like 1