• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Best and Worst Case scenarios

Lurker

Spinoff thread that I decided I felt like doing from the predictions thread. I'll go first.

Best Case:

Dwight Howard has somewhat of a flashback season, putting up 19 PTS/12 REB/2 BLK and is a good apple in the locker room, not disrupting things. Dennis Schröder is able to put it together for even more of the season, and puts up 16 PTS/8 AST/1.5 STL on 44% FG and more of an average amount of TOs. Taurean Prince forces his way into the regular rotation over Tim Hardaway Jr by mid-January and Malcolm Delaney is Salim Stoudamire. Everyone else does about around what is expected.

Results in a 55-27 season and another ECF appearance but nothing more than that.

Worst Case:

Dwight Howard doesn't have that somewhat of a flashback season, puts up about 12 PTS/10 REB/1.5 BLK and causes some problems in the locker room. Dennis Schröder continues to show tantalizing flashes, but still puts up a couple long periods of frustrating play, putting up 15 PTS/7 AST/1 STL on 42% FG and his TOs stay as high as last season. Tim Hardaway Jr stays in the rotation and continues to be average at most and Malcolm Delaney's game doesn't even work out offensively.

Results: 38-44, high lottery.

Bonus: I think the actual case ends up being in the middle of these two scenarios and a team that puts up 45 wins.

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 2

Whatever the record is will be ok as long as it is good enough to get to the playoffs in one piece and then go to battle with the Cavs and do some damage.  Maybe even enough to leave them raising hell at their coach or even better the refs that have protected LeBron so damn much. 

• Like 1

I have good feeling the regular season is going to go just fine I really do but I'm going to be careful not to feed into the regular season success.

im serious when I say I'm just worried about the playoffs. Only reason the regular season means anything is to prove the doubters wrong and avoid the cavs in the first two rounds.....then again doubters sometimes already have their minds made up no matter what happens.

• Like 1

@JayBirdHawk  - Hah!  That's so true.  But, the real question is - "How!"

Do the Hawks win a passel of games and worry the crap out of the other NBA teams?

Or, do we lose game after game and make those "experts" who say we are a lottery team look good?

I' m somewhere in the middle.  Not as bad as some believe, but not as great as I would like.

6 hours ago, DS17Fanboy said:

I think your best-case scenario is quite likely and not "the best case scenario", but the worse case scenario is also not as bad as it could get...

Agreed. I haven't played organized basketball since I was a teenager and I feel like my best case scenario wouldn't be far off from Salim Stoudamire.

12 hours ago, Lurker said:

Spinoff thread that I decided I felt like doing from the predictions thread. I'll go first.

Best Case:

Dwight Howard has somewhat of a flashback season, putting up 19 PTS/12 REB/2 BLK and is a good apple in the locker room, not disrupting things. Dennis Schröder is able to put it together for even more of the season, and puts up 16 PTS/8 AST/1.5 STL on 44% FG and more of an average amount of TOs. Taurean Prince forces his way into the regular rotation over Tim Hardaway Jr by mid-January and Malcolm Delaney is Salim Stoudamire. Everyone else does about around what is expected.

Results in a 55-27 season and another ECF appearance but nothing more than that.

Worst Case:

Dwight Howard doesn't have that somewhat of a flashback season, puts up about 12 PTS/10 REB/1.5 BLK and causes some problems in the locker room. Dennis Schröder continues to show tantalizing flashes, but still puts up a couple long periods of frustrating play, putting up 15 PTS/7 AST/1 STL on 42% FG and his TOs stay as high as last season. Tim Hardaway Jr stays in the rotation and continues to be average at most and Malcolm Delaney's game doesn't even work out offensively.

Results: 38-44, high lottery.

Bonus: I think the actual case ends up being in the middle of these two scenarios and a team that puts up 45 wins.

Good topic.

Best case - Sweep Boston in the regular season series, avoid CLE in the 1st/2nd round in the playoffs, get two wins against CLE in the playoffs. 

Worst case - Dennis suffers a season ending injury, Dwight checks out, ATL misses the playoffs and Al dominates ATL. 

• Moderators

I think Dwight will have a really strong year.   Dennis will be good also.   I'm not that concerned with either of them and Sap will be Sap.   It's the rest of it I'm unsure of.  

Best case,

Hardaway becomes a legit scorer off the bench,

Baze shoots the 3 well and scores a lot of slashes to the hoop.  

Prince becomes the primary backup 3.     

Scott doesn't get convicted and continues to be a big threat and effective PF in our small ball lineups

Humph puts the hurt on people off bench

Worst case,

Hardaway remains inconsistent

Baze turns the ball over a lot

Prince only gets garbage time

Scott is suspended

Moose disappears

Splitter plays once a week and averages 2 turnovers a game.  

Korver shoots 33% from 3. 

Frankly, as long as we are healthy, I'm most worried about our ability to score against good teams and whether our bench can be effective on either side of the court.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JTB said:

im serious when I say I'm just worried about the playoffs. Only reason the regular season means anything is to prove the doubters wrong and avoid the cavs in the first two rounds

Couldn't agree more. If we make it in that scenario and are healthy it should be a very good and physical series. We'll be better prepared for the physical part. 

• Like 1