• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks/Mavs

29 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

That's what i used to think.   The dude is averaging 14/5 with 3+ rebounds a game as a 6 foot (yeah right) PG.  Plus shooting 37% from 3 and 96% from the line.     I'd take that novelty act anyday considering what we have on this roster.    Add to that the way a similar short novelty act PG punked us in the playoffs 2 years ago and it seems like a great idea.  

Meh, pass.  Not a winning player when not surrounded by a HOFer and a perfect roster.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Thomas said:

Only real downside to Barea I can see is his age, thirty two. Four million for a guy that is clutch often surely could help especially since he can put the ball on the floor, one of our anemias right now. Been a few years but he certainly helped Dirk get his ring and Barea spent minutes at both guard spots which sounds a bit impossible with his size I know. Zero risk there.

But it's one more year.  a guy that productive as a backup at $4 million?   I don't think we're going to do much better.   And Delaney, in addition to some general bad play, is heading toward an embarrassing bad 3 point shooting season.   Currently 8/44.  That's 18%.  We can't go into the playoffs, assuming we make it, without a better option at PG.   Imagine if Dennis misses time....

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Meh, pass.  Not a winning player when not surrounded by a HOFer and a perfect roster.

I'd say that about most of our team but at least Barea can shoot.   I'll say, I've never liked him as a player but I respect what he does.   And when it comes to a PG off the bench we are beggars not choosers.  

6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'd say that about most of our team but at least Barea can shoot.   I'll say, I've never liked him as a player but I respect what he does.   And when it comes to a PG off the bench we are beggars not choosers.  

Well, that's the problem.  In his role, for what little he's really asked to do, Barea appears to be an adequate player.  Brought here, he'd have more responsibility and thusly (that's a word) will be eggsposed just like DelaneySucks has been.

23 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Watched that series in 2011 and don't think that HOFer necessarily would have gotten his ring if Barea wasn't hitting big shots too. Two way street there.

1 minute ago, Thomas said:

Watched that series in 2011and don't think that HOFer necessarily would have gotten his ring if Barea wasn't hitting big shots too. Two way street there.

But if that HOFer wasn't there, no way Barea would've gotten those clean looks.  Huzzah, I win agin.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Well, that's the problem.  In his role, for what little he's really asked to do, Barea appears to be an adequate player.  Brought here, he'd have more responsibility and thusly (that's a word) will be eggsposed just like DelaneySucks has been.

More responsibility?  He's playing 30 minutes a night for Dallas now.   

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Uh yeah, and they suck out loud.  Coincidence?

Could say the same thing about coincidence with Karl-Anthony Towns but would you shut down a trade for him? Franchise player that is incredible but his team can't beat anyone other than us consistently. I understand of course there is no trade that would land him here so looking for anything that helps where ever can make sense. Dennis really shouldn't play forty eight. Not the end of the world having anyone that can help at point and there really is no jet lag pain on his contract. 

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If the option is Baze running point with Delaney glued to the bench - I'd take stumpy.

But @kg01 is not an option for us right now....

ALL WEEK HERE IS WHERE IMA BE AT YALL!!!!! :-)

tip the pretty ladies bringing you your sin juice you cheap bastards...

51 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

But @kg01 is not an option for us right now....

ALL WEEK HERE IS WHERE IMA BE AT YALL!!!!! :-)

tip the pretty ladies bringing you your sin juice you cheap bastards...

I see what you did there, very good sir. I like it