• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jay - tell me you know something...

Playmaker0017

I'll tell you something. Dan Dickau sucks. The Hawks are a bunch of gutless fags. If I was Terry Stotts I would quit this bunch of losers. I wouldn't trade any of these players, because they don't deserve to go and ride the coattails of a winning orginization. The Hawks will not get better until they decide to make smart draft choices. No free agent in his right mind would want to come here and play with this piece of garbage franchise. Boris Diaw is not point guard material, so I wish people on this board would quit whining about letting him and garbage Dan Dickau receiving more playing time at the 1.

TROUBLEMAN

Trouble,

Diaw is NOT supposed to be a PG. He is a SF or a SG. He can play the PG role over time, but he is made to be a SG or SF. Who complained about him playing at PG? Not just that, but he IS a rookie. A rookie with a rookie head coach, not exactly a match made in heaven.

No one is "complaining" about Dickau playing PG or not playing... we are complaining because he isn't getting time. The players stink. It's obvious. So, shouldn't we switch things up. It is more about change then about DD.

As for Terry Stotts quitting... he should. Not because the team is a bunch of losers and he deserves better, but because he is dreadful as a coach and the team doesn't respect him. When the most pitiful organization doesn't have players that respect you.... you obviously stink.

I understand your frustration, but vent it properly. The whole team doesn't stink. On a whole, we stink.

For instance, we have THREE players starting that NO OTHER team wanted. Dion Glover, Jason Terry and Stephen Jackson. Those three players shoot us right out of games and refuse to play a lick of defense.

Play.

At least Dickau gave some effort. He tried to set up the offense. He was trying to pass off so that he could get accustomed to some of the plays. He hit the hole perfectly on his layup. I actually thought he played well. But that's just me. I know I'm a biased fan, and no one may back me up, but I think he looked good for not having seen the floor in a while.

P.S. Good one Play!

I wish I could agree with you on the play of Dickau, but I didn't watch that far into the game. Once Reef was benched in the second half, I turned it off.

Personally, I won't have an opinion on Dickau until he plays meaningful minutes with decent players.

Of course, I still am trying to figure out what play it is that sends our PG to the baseline and has them toss the ball back out.... every one of our PGs do it.... WHAT IS IT?! It's awful.

It is kind of like going to Theo the first play of the game.... every game. I bet the efficiency of that play is about .09%.

Play.

Play,

I know Diaw is not a point guard, but maybe you should tell some of your peers on this messageboard who believe that he could possibly play point in the NBA. He doesn't have the ballhandling skills to do that. You don't learn to dribble overnight. It takes years and years of practice to learn to handle the rock, so being a rookie has nothing to do with his terrible handles. His bad decision making, and confused look can be contributed to this being his rookie year.

Also, I don't want Dickau to play more, because I know for a fact that he is not NBA material. He would not have been drafted in the first round if it wasn't for the idiot Hawks management who persuaded the Kings to draft him in exchange for a first round pick. I don't care if that pick turned out to be the last pick in the draft, the Hawks cannot afford to waste picks on an untalented, short, slow, non-shooting, pg. I enjoyed watching Dickau in college, he was a great college player, but he just doesn't have the skills to play in the NBA.

As far as this team, the whole team does stink. This is a team sport, and this TEAM, has stunk for 2 years now. I know it's been longer than that, but his core unit has stunk for 2 years now. I'm not counting Theo's first year because he only played in about 3 games. There are so many holes in this team, and the draft history is so pathetic, that it is hard to stomach. We drafted two of those players that you say nobody else wanted with out very own first round picks. And other teams did want Stephen Jackson, so you are wrong in your assessment of him. [censored], his former team offered him a large contract extension but he turned it down.

Stotts is not as bad as you guys try to make him. He is a young coach that is going to make mistakes, I have the League Pass and believe me they all do. Unfortunately, he has been dealt a very bad hand. I think when he is given another shot, and I'm positive he will because everyone in the league predicted this team would be bad, he will shine just like Tim Floyd in New Orleans.

TROUBLEMAN

Dan was actually staying pretty much around the perimeter... Nazr had about 3-4 shots that he was double covered and he could have passed out to Dickau, because Fisher played well off of him, but of course, Nazr took it up, and it didn't work. Needless to say, I wasn't surprised. Upset, but not surprised.

In reply to:

At least Dickau gave some effort. He tried to set up the offense. He was trying to pass off so that he could get accustomed to some of the plays. He hit the hole perfectly on his layup. I actually thought he played well. But that's just me. I know I'm a biased fan, and no one may back me up, but I think he looked good for not having seen the floor in a while.

He did not look good. He hit the hole perfectly on his layup, and he missed 2 wide open jumpers, badly. Yeah, he was trying to run the offense, but [censored] he couldn't even do that against the Lakers scrub players. You guys are crazy if you think he is ever going to be a decent NBA player.

TROUBLEMAN

Actually, he ran the offense fine, thank you. He had one turnover: when he was forced to step out of bounds. He didn't throw the ball away once. He moved the ball around, and got everyone involved in the setup. He missed one near-three-point-range jumper with a guy in his face, and the other rimmed out, as I recall. On defense, Derek Fisher (who was the Lakers' starting PG until Payton came) didn't score on him once. Actually, Dickau strongly contested 2-3 shots, at least, of which Fisher missed each one. But, say what you want.

Yeah, I guess that was Jason Terry guarding/supposed to be guarding Fisher when he scored his 11 points. There is a reason why the Lakers wanted GP, they were unhappy with Derek Fisher's play. Dickau is horrible. The only reason why I mention his name is because I keep reading posts on here saying he should play more. He doesn't deserve it, no matter how bad the starters are playing.

TROUBLEMAN

Trouble,

Diaw doesn't have awful handles. He has average handles. But, I don't believe he should be a PG. He is most definitely the next Toni Kukoc. He will play best at SG, but will probably get minutes at SF.

I don't know enough about Dickau to make an informed opinion of him. I too have league pass, but he played so little that it didn't matter to me. You may very well be right, but I don't think it helps us playing Terry or Vaughn at the PG spot. They aren't getting it done either. Throw the kid out there. If he flounders, it is no different then what is happening now.

Jackson had NO real offers other than San Antonio. He rejected the San Antone deal because he thought he could get more elsewhere. Guess what, 1 million for 1 year was about the best he found.

The team HAS stunk for two years. I attribute the majority of that to Terry. I have realized that Diesel was right. The issue wasn't Big Loaf, although he wasn't a key piece, it was Terry. Terry is NOT a PG. He can be at times, but in general he is not. He drives this ship RIGHT into the ground. You can see the difference when Vaughn runs the team.... Diaw runs the team.... heck, even Glover runs the team.... Our biggest hole is with Terry. He is awful on the defensive end, and brings little to the offensive end in this system.

He is being asked to be something he is not. It isn't fair to him, because he can contribute in the right spot.

The next problem lies with the coaching. The coach allows these players to play outside of themselves, and in fact, it seems like he encourages it. He doesn't mind that Terry and co. jack threes with 20 seconds left in the shot clock. He doesn't mind it at all.

Which leads us to Jackson and Glover. These are two guys that shouldn't be starting on this team, nor in this type of system. They are complimentary players that should be coming off the bench. One of them has the bench mentality of "shoot at all costs", while the other is trying to make a name for himself so that when the year is out he might get more than 1 mill.

Stotts may very well be a decent coach. I don't see it. I really don't. He makes poor decisions. I can point them out, if need be. He doesn't understand the dynamics of this team, nor its strengths or weaknesses. If given the right situation, he may do fine. But, I don't think he is a GOOD coach. Heck, he was backup to Lon Kruger. BACKUP!

Play.

If I'm not mistaken, Eric Musselman was a BACKUP to Lon Kruger. Kruger hired Terry Stotts, it's not like Stotts was passed over for Kruger.

Stephen Jackson had a choice between the Clippers and the Hawks. Unfortunately for us and him, he made the wrong choice.

Back to Stotts. Who is he supposed to replace Jackson, Glover, and Terry with? Diaw? Maybe, I can see that one. Hansen? No, he is a rookie who will become a journeyman at best. Crawford? [censored] no. Dan Dickau? LMAO @ that one. Unfortunately, the Hawks do not have much of a choice. Jackson and Glover are bad, but the bench is even worse. I agree Terry is playing out of position, but you can't blame that on Stotts. He is coaching the hand that was dealt to him, and the pieces to do not fit. Shareef, as good as he is, is not the player to carry this piece of garbage anywhere. KG, Duncan, and Shaq are the only players I think could become a one man gang and carry this bunch of losers anywhere.

TROUBLEMAN

In reply to:

Trouble,

With this coach, I don't even think those three could do it.

Maybe Shaq could.

Play.

They could. They are more dominant players than Shareef. I like Shareef, but he is not in the same class as those guys. They can make the passes that he can't, because of his lack of size. They can also play better man on man defense.

TROUBLEMAN