• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Luke Kennard

jy23

If he decides to come out would you be opposed to taking him? He could definitely give us the type of player we need at the 2. Don't know about his ability to defend at the next level but his offensive skill set is legit. His shot is smooth and he has a quick release. Great shot fake and great shooter off the dribble. Improved his handle this year and has gotten better finishing in the paint. Amazing off the ball and high iq. 

Aye Jabari was beasting before he got hurt...that would've been a great pickup for us. Luke is legit man and should be available around our pick.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jy23 said:

Aye Jabari was beasting before he got hurt...that would've been a great pickup for us. Luke is legit man and should be available around our pick.

Lol no doubt I was just playin around. Ya Jabari will be a force when he returns.

3 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Lol no doubt I was just playin around. Ya Jabari will be a force when he returns.

Sure about that?  I'm not.

Pass on the Kennard kid, btw.  No more 'pretty good, but not great' wangs.

Just now, kg01 said:

Not sure but lotta guys bounce back strong if they are still relatively young.

17 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Not sure but lotta guys bounce back strong if they are still relatively young.

From tearing up the same knee?  Nah, that's unprecedented.  Even if it had been 1 tear on each knee, I'd feel better about his prospects for returning to form.  But this was a major tear of the same knee twice.  Even in 2017 that's dicey career-wise.

I'm hopeful for his sake though but I wouldn't be shocked if he came back more of an old Al Harrington type player rather than a high flyer.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Exactly how would we find a "great wing in the backend of the draft? Tatum, Jackson, Smith....those guys will be gone. The only knock on Luke is his athleticism. Has a good handle, knows how to create his own shot but is amazing off the ball. We also need shooters, don't know if there's a better one in college basketball. 

And yeah I don't think Jabari will ever be the same now. Shame bc he was really starting to show out 

3 minutes ago, jy23 said:

Exactly how would we find a "great wing in the backend of the draft? Tatum, Jackson, Smith....those guys will be gone. The only knock on Luke is his athleticism. Has a good handle, knows how to create his own shot but is amazing off the ball. We also need shooters, don't know if there's a better one in college basketball. 

And yeah I don't think Jabari will ever be the same now. Shame bc he was really starting to show out 

Well, I don't want us looking for an impact wang in the draft (still fingers-crossed for a Buttler trade once BOS whiffs).  I want us looking for pf-depth (if we can't retain Ilyasova).  If not that, then just BPA.  If the Kennard kid is just taken with thoughts of developmental depth not meant to be seen for a year or so then I'm all for him.  Hopefully we won't have a 1st rnd pick as it'd likely be gone in a wang deal.

Was that roundabout enough for you?

Too bad on Parker.  Speaking of Dookies with flat tires, what's the prognosis on Giles.  Some say he'll never be the same either.  Enlighten us, dookie.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Nah, that's unprecedented.

Didn't Sidney Moncrief have surgery a bunch of times on the same knee in the late 80's? Maybe I'm wrong. Coincidentally he was also a Buck before he joined us in 90 or 91 I think.

7 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Didn't Sidney Moncrief have surgery a bunch of times on the same knee in the late 80's? Maybe I'm wrong. Coincidentally he was also a Buck before he joined us in 90 or 91 I think.

No, I think you're wrong ... because that'd make me right.  Unless you can prove what you said is true, I will patently reject it.

Round goes to kg on this one.

9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

No, I think you're wrong ... because that'd make me right.  Unless you can prove what you said is true, I will patently reject it.

Round goes to kg on this one.

I didn't check I went with my memory. I shall get back to you at my earliest convenience. (If I hear this on another vm I'm losin it..)

51 minutes ago, jy23 said:

OT: I might be ready for round 3 of our bets for next year! :-)

CB D.J. Hayden - One-year, $5.5 million deal with Detroit

As far as Harry goes it would be tempting to take him if he fell to us but I don't think I would do it. He seems to be second guessing everything he does on the court now bc he doesn't have his legs right now. He makes a lot of dumb decisions out there now and I don't know if he'll ever get that athletic ability back. If he doesn't he's not an NBA player with his lack of iq at the moment. 

And @Spud2Nique do we play y'all this year? 

1 hour ago, jy23 said:

As far as Harry goes it would be tempting to take him if he fell to us but I don't think I would do it. He seems to be second guessing everything he does on the court now bc he doesn't have his legs right now. He makes a lot of dumb decisions out there now and I don't know if he'll ever get that athletic ability back. If he doesn't he's not an NBA player with his lack of iq at the moment. 

And @Spud2Nique do we play y'all this year? 

Haha I'm not sure...the schedule release is the 3rd week of April. I was kinda partially kidding because the first year our Julio/Calvin bet then overall record FALCONS Lions ..I lost both..:-(

1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

I didn't check I went with my memory. I shall get back to you at my earliest convenience. (If I hear this on another vm I'm losin it..)

Then that means I win.  Did we make an avatar bet or something?  Wait a minute, why has @AHF not paid his avatar bet yet.  Paging @hazer, paging Lieutenant hazer ....

On the Giles kid, it sounds like dude should've redshirted instead of letting folks push him to try to play a little bit to stay on track to get drafted.  Too bad.

53 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Then that means I win.  Did we make an avatar bet or something?  Wait a minute, why has @AHF not paid his avatar bet yet.  Paging @hazer, paging Lieutenant hazer ....

On the Giles kid, it sounds like dude should've redshirted instead of letting folks push him to try to play a little bit to stay on track to get drafted.  Too bad.

lol not sure about others but I think I had my avatar up for 45 days vs the original 30 day bet. Everyone else I have no clue.

Giles shouldn't have come back period. His stock was already high enough that if he didn't come back he would have still gone in the top 5-10.

I dunno on him. I did say either best available young big or BPA but I don't know that I really want to risk a pick on a guy that has had two knee injuries.