• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Now that Sap says he will opt out...

noble

20 hours ago, Jody23 said:

I honestly don't think Millsap was serious about signing in Orlando.  They were basically used as leverage to get the kind of deal he wanted from Atlanta.  And that's what he got almost immediately after it got out that Orlando was going to give him that full four year deal.  Barring a team that's better than Atlanta showing interest AND having the room to sign him, I expect Millsap to leverage the interest of some of these non-playoff teams to get the deal he wants from Atlanta.

Yeah, i'm curious to see who they hire as President/GM. They may have a different vision than Bud and Wilcox. I could imagine if Bud and Wilcox were still in charge, Millsap would get the 5 year max first day unlike what they did with Horford.

Stay away from Rudy Gay. He is coming off a serious injury and has never been an impact player. Regardless of who ends up the GM it would be wise to let Milsap walk unless he foolishly agrees to a 2-3 year deal. This will be his last chance at a big contract so I expect him to sign with the highest bidder. I know some folks loathe  tanking but when you're the Hawks what other way besides the draft do you have at getting a big time talent. While tanking does not guarantee anything when you're picking in the lottery it does increase your chances of getting a superstar talent. If you were to look at say the top 20  p[layers in the league the overwhelming  majority of them were drafted in the lottery.