• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Going to the dark side

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

And Baze was better?

What does that have to do with Brandon Jennings? Jennings was a net negative over the whole series. He's a ball stopper who takes awful shots and doesn't play defense. He'd just get killed by Satoransky or whoever Washington wanted to throw out there. 

Baze is bad, I don't have a problem saying that. That goes back to bad personnel decisions.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, DBac said:

What does that have to do with Brandon Jennings? Jennings was a net negative over the whole series. He's a ball stopper who takes awful shots and doesn't play defense. He'd just get killed by Satoransky or whoever Washington wanted to throw out there. 

Baze is bad, I don't have a problem saying that. That goes back to bad personnel decisions.

Give me a second to look up Jennings stats for the series then

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Give me a second to look up Jennings stats for the series then

5.5 ppg shooting 55% from the field with a 4.3 to 1 assist to turnover ratio.  wouldn't  exactly call that awful

I'm all for the dark side! I'm not pro rebuild or pro keep maintaining what we have and add . I just want a winning franchise.

if the front office is ALL together like they should be a rebuild shouldn't take that long. 3 years top!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

5.5 ppg shooting 55% from the field with a 4.3 to 1 assist to turnover ratio.  wouldn't  exactly call that horrible

I wouldn't call that the difference in the series either. He was a net negative vs us. Wasn't much better than Jose Calderon.. vs the Celtics he was so bad that Scott Brooks started cutting his time. 

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

For me, Get Mo Bamba, Ayton, or Porter Jr then get Zion or Bagley in 2019. At that point, we will have two franchise players to win around. Add Dennis and you got it all figured out. 

I'd really like to know what Magic Crystal 8 ball you are looking into with comments like this.  Or maybe you have this.....

What's the 'guaranteed Get' 

tenor.gif

We have just completed year 3 of the vaunted can't miss  2014 draft class.  None have been exceptional.  Yes, they are still young, but their body of work so far has me underwhelmed based on expectations.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, DBac said:

I wouldn't call that the difference in the series either. He was a net negative vs us. Wasn't much better than Jose Calderon.. vs the Celtics he was so bad that Scott Brooks started cutting his time. 

He would have saved us a lot of those Baze and Howard turnovers which may have changed the series in our favor

Just now, Peoriabird said:

He would have saved us a lot of those Baze and Howard turnover which may have changed the series in our favor

He would have just taken a bad shot instead...6 of one,  half a dozen of the other.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He would have just taken a bad shot instead...6 of one,  half a dozen of the other.

I'd rather have a bad shot than a turnover at midcourt leading to an uncontested layup which happened countless times while Baze was running point. Plus he would have led us in field goal percentage in that series

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I  think our shooting percentages particularly from 3 was the culprit.  Didn't hit 30% in ANY game we lost.

That too but how many games did we have more turnovers than assist?

6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

That too but how many games did we have more turnovers than assist?

2 games of the 6, the 1st 2 games in the series.

46 minutes ago, JTB said:

I'm all for the dark side! I'm not pro rebuild or pro keep maintaining what we have and add . I just want a winning franchise.

if the front office is ALL together like they should be a rebuild shouldn't take that long. 3 years top!

I'm sure that is what the Timberwolves thought 13 years ago.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'd really like to know what Magic Crystal 8 ball you are looking into with comments like this.  Or maybe you have this.....

What's the 'guaranteed Get' 

tenor.gif

We have just completed year 3 of the vaunted can't miss  2014 draft class.  None have been exceptional.  Yes, they are still young, but their body of work so far has me underwhelmed based on expectations.

You won't get an answer 'cause a truthful one won't fit their agenda.

Paging @NBASupes ....

Eta: Oh, you'll probably get a good dose of goalpost movin.