• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mr. Irrelevant

Kimsey

Many fans don't get excited about the last pick as they shouldn't. This year is alittle different. I’m intrigued by the depth of this draft. I believe 3-5 players will go undrafted and make final rosters by the start of the season. Knowing the HAWKS, they could sell it depending who falls to pick 60. My list for the pick. 

Tier 1 Group:

Sterling Brown - 6-6

Shot 44.5 from 3 this season and 53.6 last season. Brother of Shannon Brown. Chicago area player.

Devin Robinson – 6-8

Shot 39 percent from 3. Impressive 35.5 inch no step vert. 7”1 wingspan with 8-10 reach.

Damyean Dotson – 6-5

Avg. 17.5 points with 7 rebounds. Shot 44.5 from 3 in 7.5 attempts. Solid length and jumping ability.

Kennedy Meeks – 6-10

Big dude, 275 pounds. Avg. 12.5 ppg and 9.5 rbs in 24.5 minutes per game.

Tier 2 Group:

Luke Kornet – 7-0

Good shot blocker. 1st team SEC. Shot 85.5 from the free throw.

Charles Cooke – 6-4

Good length 6-11 wingspan and 8-7 standing reach. Shot 40 percent from 3 the past two seasons. Avg. 1 blocked shot per game.

Andrew White III – 6-7

Avg. 18.5 points. 40.5 from 3 and 41 percent last season.

Players with some intrigue:

Marcus Keene – Avg. 30 ppg. Basically this years Kahlil Fedler.

Austin Nichols – 6-9

7-2 wingspan and 9-0 standing reach back in 2012. Essentially sat out two seasons because of transferring and being kicked off UVA. Avg. 3.5 blocks his last full season.

Kadeem Allen – 6-2

6-9 wingspan with good aa(athletic ability). Supposedly one of the top defenders in the country. 24.5 years old. Shot 42.5 from 3. Probably needs to be in tier 2.

James Wiley – 6-7

7-0 wingspan and 8-8 reach. Big time 37.5 standing vert. Small school player: avg. 21 ppg, 9 rbs, 3 blk, and shot 82.5 from the free throw.

There she blows. Most should be available, some will not. I’m sure there will be internationals worth selecting too with the last pick.   

I apluad your effort for knowing these guys.

I don't think we use #60 unless someone unexpected really falls.

60 can be used as a draft and stash, to trade up or traded for a future 2nd, more than likely it'll be Cash Considerations.

I wouldn't mind Kennedy Meeks with the 60th pick even if we already have chosen a Big.  Meeks can come in and contribute right away, while the prospect big we picked earlier develops in the G-League. I don't think the 60th pick gets you much value in a trade situation, so why not keep it IMO.  I hope Travis will stay away from doing stupid deals just for a little cash.

• 2 weeks later...

A few more sleepers for pick 60/undrafted free agents to look out for.

Peter Jok ISU: one of the better shooters in the draft.

Antonio Blakeney LSU: sports a 45” max vertical. Avg. 17 and 5 with 36% on 3s.

Chris Boucher ORE: 7’4” wingspan and 9’2” standing reach. Good shot blocker and finisher.

Eric Mika BYU: 6’10” avg. 20.5 pts and 9 rbs in 28.5 minutes.

Michael Young PITT: avg. 19.5 pts and 7 rbs.

Jamel Artis PITT: avg. 18 pts and 5 rbs. 39% 3 pointers. Made Mitchell look silly on a few plays.

• Like 1