• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Johnathan Motley

Hawk88

This guy looks like a real fit for us.  We drafted Prince last year so for sure our coaches have noticed him.  Athletic PF/C, super long with some offensive potential.  What's not to like?  

Take Juwan Evans at #19.  Take Motley at #31.  Take best available at #60.

Suck next year or two and get in the lottery, but we should be fun to watch. 

Hawk88

• Like 1

Motley is one of the guys I have on my list of targets.  I really like his length, overall athleticism, and the energy level he plays with.  He has the potential to be a two way player in the NBA.  Much like Taurean, he will have to adjust from a zone defensive scheme in college to a man to man scheme in the NBA, but he has the athleticism and energy to be able to make the transition.  I also think he has some potential as a stretch/floor spacer.  This dude went head to head against Jarrett Allen and destroyed him.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-draft-johnathan-motley-latest-unheralded-recruit-transformed-by-baylor/

It says he models his game after Paul Millsap in this. I suppose become a similar player based on who Paul Millsap was in college. Almost nobody makes the progress in the league Millsap did, and Motley would have to develop his skills a ton. If he was going to do that anywhere, it'd be here.

I'm not saying he's going to be as good, I'm just saying Paul was just a big strong dude that got a ton of rebounds in college just like Motley.

“I can put the ball on the floor, make the open shot, rebound, switch on ball screens and guard the guards -- I like Paul Millsap a lot,” he said. “This year at Baylor I had a pretty heavy scoring load so I like to model myself after him. 

And another quote from him about Paul.

I would be fine with Motley at #19.

At #31 he is a steal.

Mock drafts don't mean a thing. So I don't care at all where a mock has someone going.

I'd love to pair up the 2 Baylor boys at forward. They are both long, athletic, and can shoot.