The Front office does have a plan and it's not tanking

marco102

18 minutes ago, CP61 said:

The best center in the NBA isn't good enough? For real? I can understand the locker room issues, but there's no better center than Boogie. 

Karl Anthony Towns is better.  Cousins is a loser.  Talented guy, but he lacks the intangibles to make teams better.

4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Karl Anthony Towns is better.  Cousins is a loser.  Talented guy, but he lacks the intangibles to make teams better.

I think Towns will be better, but not yet. I can see where you're coming from with Cousins, but if you think a kid has that level of talent, he's worth a top 3 pick.

2 minutes ago, CP61 said:

I think Towns will be better, but not yet. I can see where you're coming from with Cousins, but if you think a kid has that level of talent, he's worth a top 3 pick.

The problem is, the kid may also lack the same intangibles that Cousins lacks.

Weaknesses: Ayton didn’t make the strides one would hope in his senior year ... He did seem more focused towards the end of the season after losing his #1 player in class status nearly universally, but it appeared he got too comfortable sitting at the top spot for too long ... He rarely played like he had anything to prove and was complacent offensively ... He also turned down the opportunity to compete at the Hoop Summit, an event he had failed to impress at in past years ... Tends to settle for jump shots and roams to the perimeter far too often ... Can assert himself better as he can go through the motions ... Sometimes goes through stretches where he isn’t involved with the offense ... Must improve intensity and competitive nature … His jump shot is flat and doesn’t have ideal arc, most of his misses tend to take hard bounces off the rim … Post game is developing but still needs polish, doesn’t have any go to moves … Needs to understand playing aggressive without wearing emotions and picking up frustration fouls … Showed some ability to put the ball on the floor and drive but still resorts to jab stepping and settling for a shot … As an elite level high school bigman, the focus is always to challenge himself as there are plenty of nights where the competition level allows for complacency ... 

There are all sorts of red flags around this guy.