• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rookie minutes

aali34

• Premium Member

I keep hearing people talking about "Collins needs to add # amount pounds of muscle" or "Bud doesn't play rookies" and I am curious because the picks Bud has had in the past few years - Dennis, Price Bembry have all had established players ahead of them in the depth chart. Dennis with Teague, Prince/Bembry behind Thabo, Baze and THJ. I think it matters less about whether or not your a rookie and more about the player and the situation. When Dennis was a rookie, he was a turnover machine, and prince wasn't accustomed to playing an NBA style defense. THJ wasn't a rookie and he got no playing time at all when he came in and although Dwight Howard did start, he barely got any run near the end of games. If you bring in a rookie that can transition seamlessly and Bud doesn't play him, that would be a problem. 

And honestly is it such a bad thing to limit their minutes? Look at the Sixers (I started getting skeptical after I heard Ben Simmons added 33lbs between leaving college and playing his rookie season)

A NBA season is much longer than college; no need to rush. Let these guys bodies adjust.

• Like 2

I think I might be excited about this year more than most.  I had always been a basketball fan but never had a basketball team. I decide to choose the Hawks to give me and my son a  team we could watch and enjoy together.  

I remember deciding to become a Hawks fan the year the Hawks drafted J-chill. Those years watching the young Hawks grow... J-Chill, J-Smoove, JJ AL and Teage... those were some pretty fun years.