• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Young Bull

KB21

I'm not big on buying into the hype of these high school kids, but this kid has something special in him.  

I'm very impressed with this kid's work ethic and competitiveness..  I want to see how he does when matched up against a higher caliber player than what he saw on the AAU racket, I mean circuit.  Avery Johnson will coach him HARD!

Edited by KB21
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, DBac said:

I love Collin. Provided that he has a great college season etc.. would you move Dennis to take him? Or would you just take him and work it out later? 

I'd take him and let things work out.  Right now, Sexton is #2 on my list behind Doncic.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/collin-sexton-the-young-bull/

A lot of top guys start getting calls from coaches from the time they’re in ninth grade, so relative to that, the recruiting process was something kind of new to me. I’ll admit it was cool to have famous coaches come out to watch me play, but there was another part of me that wasn’t really buying into it. So much of it seemed superficial, with a lot of programs just telling me how great I was. But that kind of stuff has never interested me. Like I said, save your likes and retweets.

Avery Johnson was different.

He didn’t tell me how great I was. He didn’t promise me playing time. In fact, it was the opposite. He promised me accountability. If I didn’t put in the work, if I didn’t do the right things, he would bench me. That’s what I wanted to hear from a coach: straight talk.

This kid has his head on straight.  

Last year, my team, Pebblebrook High, lost in the Georgia state championship game by eight points.

I was heartbroken. I’ve never been good at losing, but I took that game personally. All I could think about were all of the plays I could have made that would have swung things the other way. I replayed the mistakes in my head over and over.

This kid hates to lose.  His ultimate goal is his team winning, not his individual success.  In fact, in this article, he mentions Alabama winning the SEC Championship and making the NCAA tournament as his goals.  He said that if that happens, his individual goals will fall in line.