• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bembry feels ONLY a jumpshot is holding him back...

JTB

This was a nice article to read about one of our young Hawks who we hope that can rise to an ultimate level! I love Bembrys heart and confidence as far as what he thinks he could become in this league...he's definitely on my radar other than prince, Dennis, Collins as far as looking forward to seeing if he could really possibly take a huge leap in his game this upcoming season. 

Im not trying to overhype bembry by any means but I believe his statements hit the nail on the head about the loss of two of his family members being on his mind constantly throughout his rookie season which I can easily believe it definitely affected his complete game all around last season. That's a lot to take in, all while starting a new job. And his statement about "just a jumpshot holding him back" makes him sound extremely confident especially when it ended it with "I will be hard to stop" after he gets his jumper down.

That's inspiring heading into the season!....anyways I think bembry will likely play plenty of minutes and I wouldn't be shocked if he's in the game down the stretch as he's one of only two players on this roster (the other Dennis) who can actually handle the ball well (Prince is just ok) and set his team up....I'm looking forward to these young players trying to prove their worth in this league and I'm hoping for a miracle out of them!

http://www.nba.com/hawks/features/strong-summer-league-just-beginning-bembry?cid=hawks_17features_s_080317_fb_bembrysummerfeature#

• Like 3

He's surely due for a Bud U. Breakout.  He's gonna be one of those players who always brings to the table yet rarely takes off of it.  When his athleticism and strength catch up to his IQ watch out.  Advanced stats are gonna favor him because he's always looking for winning plays, whether they appear in the stat sheet or not.

• Like 2