• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dion and Dan's Double Dips

hds428

Two days in a row now, Dion has led the Hawks in scoring in a close win, 21 in each game, I believe (although I don't have the benefit of being there in person). Two days in a row now, I mosey over to NBA.com and lo and behold there's our very own Danny-boy on the main page. Good omens for an often maligned and star crossed franchise. Talent is no problem, we have outside shooters, sticky defenders, unselfish passers. Rebounding is a concern, can Theo improve his rebounding averages this year? Can Ira chip in to the tune of about 6 or 7 in a full season (he rebounded pretty well last season)? Can Reef average a double double, pushing his average to 10rpg? The real issue though is health, we all know it, we all talk about it. We need relatively injury-free seasons from Theo, Dion, and Toni. Until these question are answered, I'm happy with being 2-0 at Shaw's, 2 for 2 on NBA.com, and Dion scoring in the 20s each day. Two for Tuesday. It's a good day to be a Hawks fan.

I don't know if it's small school success story, the hair, or his beautiful fiance...but, you gotta love the kid.

He scored 16 before getting ejected. You have to like the fact that he's hard nosed enough to get in there and mix it up. I doubt Dan really did anything to instigate the "fight", other than set a hard screen.

There's one thing I'm concerned about though, which I don't think anyone has mentioned yet....the turnovers. 7 of them, compared to 2 assists, over a 3:1 ratio. That's not good.

I'm sure we can attribute some of it to rookie mistakes. Quickly trying to pick up a new system, playing with unfamiliar teammates, and maybe feeling a little pressure to shine as a first round pick. If he could cut down on that, I'd be extremely pleased with his performance. Other than that, no complaints. I can't wait to actually see him in action tomorrow.

but this being summer league I'm not overly concerned about it, but it does tend to hang around in the back of my mind. I hope it's some of the things you listed, DJ_M, those would all be reasonable assumtions to make IMO. My first thought was of JT and his A/TO struggles early in his career. Plus Dickau is playing with a few rookies who might not be as sure-handed as vets like Glover and Johnson.

I don't pay attention to TO's in summer league games.These

temas are just thrown together.I have watched a few and

TO's always seem to be really high in these games.