• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why don't the advance stats like the Hawks?

HawkItus

I think efficiency greatly favors teams that are able to invert traditional roles.  Guards stopping or lowering opponents percentage, Bigs facilitating and running the floor (see Raptors). Multiplicity gets you through tough times, especially injuries (see Warriors). Team screening and off ball movement are always embedded in advanced values from my experience.  As awesome as Trae is he has some fatal flaws.  No defensive or off ball value at all last season.  I try to convince myself he could possibly be a 0 defender, with little success.  He has to at least approach some semblance of Steph’s off ball mastery to open up a new dimension for our offense.  His personal OBPM jumps up a point  and the team’s rating 2 if so.

Taurean drug the team’s efficiency down quite a bit as well, playing 28 per yet appearing in none of our best lineups.  Shooting only 17% of his shots within 3 feet, non existent offensive rebounding, and a steadily declining defensive profile didn’t do us any favors.  You can’t find a nice-sized SF who cuts less.  Kyrie is gonna accelerate his departure out of their rotation.

Edited by benhillboy

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

I think efficiency greatly favors teams that are able to invert traditional roles.  Guards stopping or lowering opponents percentage, Bigs facilitating and running the floor (see Raptors). Multiplicity gets you through tough times, especially injuries (see Warriors). Team screening and off ball movement are always embedded in advanced values from my experience.  As awesome as Trae is he has some fatal flaws.  No defensive or off ball value at all last season.  I try to convince myself he could possibly be a 0 defender, with little success.  He has to at least approach some semblance of Steph’s off ball mastery to open up a new dimension for our offense.  His personal OBPM jumps up a point  and the team’s rating 2 if so.

His playmaking value has tremendous impact even though he lacks as you mention, off ball and defensive value. 

We must remember, Trae was rated the worst analytics player in the NBA on offense as recently as mid December. That skewed his statistics heavily. For Trae to finish the season as a plus player on offense speaks volumes considering how far back he was at one point. 

At the end of the day, OBPM will love Trae Young. DBPM, Trae will need a lot of help from Cam, De'Andre and Bruno

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

Taurean drug the team’s efficiency down quite a bit as well, playing 28 per yet appearing in none of our best lineups.  Shooting only 17% of his shots within 3 feet, non existent offensive rebounding, and a steadily declining defensive profile didn’t do us any favors.  You can’t find a nice-sized SF who cuts less.  Kyrie is gonna accelerate his departure out of their rotation.

He was a tremendous nuisance in the new system. Moreso than Bazemore because Baze knew he didn't fit to a tee, Prince really never knew how to insert himself. The SF position was such a weakness for us. Before Kevin blewup, so was SG position as well.