• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

10 Days til the deadline.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Will the Hawks have new ownership in place within the next 10 days?

I doubt it.

I suppose we will finish out the season with what we got. Our players will have less value in the offseason. Things just suck.

• Premium Member

Well, I think so and I think NOT.

It will all depend on the expansion draft, the FA market, and the luxury tax.

The thing that the expansion draft will do is take away overpaid talent from a lot of teams. Guys like Courtney Alexander, Forte, Jay WIlliams, and Laettner might all be picked up in a exp. draft. That could also be CC. If you think about it, CC would be a good guy off the bench with a 1 year deal.

The luxury tax plays a role because if they don't renew it, some teams would be less prone to give up decent players just to get under the cap. Portland's whole fall off is due to the fact that the luxury tax was too high for the amount of championships they were bringing home. SO if the NBA does away with the luxury tax, then there will be fewer teams in the market for Hendu. There will still be those teams in the FA races of 2005 though.

• Admin

should be done by or during the all-star break. SO hopefully that will play into our favor. Though I honestly don't see us making any moves. Personally I don't think we should either. We aren't going to be a winner with our current group. The draft hype is starting to build and there will definitely be some stars in there. I think we need to be in the top 3.