• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Time Will Tell On This Deal But I Do Wish We Had

Traceman

squeezed a pick (or Miles) out of this deal. That being said, there are several scenarios that could play out where this deal works out fine for us.

One scenario would have Wallace resigning a longterm deal with us next year with a starting salary in the $10 million range. If we can pull that off, we would be moving in the right direction in my opinion. Theo and Reef would have cost us over $25 million next season so Sheed at $10 million would be a steal. Unless Person plays great, I don't see us bringing him back.

A second scenario has us signing and trading Wallace to any number of teams who coveted him this year including DET, GS, NY, CHI, DAL, MIN, etc. We could probably work out a deal with a team where we get young talent and/or a lottery pick combined with an ending salary.

A third scenario would have us letting him and Person walk and using the $36 million in salary that will come off our books to jump into the FA market big time. We will definitely have enough room to get into the Kobe sweepstakes. In fact, if Wallace resigns for $10 million and we can move Nazr/CC for an ending salary, we could go after Kobe AND resign Wallace! How does a lineup of:

Okafor

Wallace

Diaw

Kobe

JT

sound? It sounds pretty good to me!

I really hate to see Reef go and to a lesser extent Theo but time will tell if this was a good move or not. I can't really blame Billy for making the move because I honestly don't think a frontcourt of Theo/Reef would have ever been anything special. I will root for the Blazers now though as my second team. They sure look good on paper!

Theo/Stepania

Randolph/Davis

Reef/Miles/Outlaw

Anderson/Patterson

Stoudemire/Woods

I sure as hell wonder why we couldn't have gotten Miles, Outlaw or Woods out of this deal. That would have made me like it a LOT better!

• Premium Member

Wassup Trace... Had to come on over, because RealGM is taking hits big time.

Anyway...yeah, I understand where you're coming from; and Atlanta (the city, not the franchise) is attractive to free agents. But, do we really think we're going to sign Kobe?

...and Yeah, why couldn't we have gotten Miles or SOMETHING out of this deal? My Billy Knight meter is teetering between "not impressed" and "please get fired" ...

...and as usual, Billy Knight has said nothing.

I don't think he can talk.

-Later

Sheed is a mediocre player now. How old is he anyway? 31? That's too old. Who would sign him to 10 million a year? His

numbers have slipped to about 15PPG 6RPG...Those aren't 10

million a year numbers? I'd let him walk at the end of the

year...That's fine....But no draft picks or nothing to help

build around...Kobe wouldn't sign with this pile of shyt

franchise no matter if Sheed is here or not. He sure wouldn't

leave a storied franchise like the Lakers for Phillips arena

*aka the dump)

Bottomline. you need a top draft pick in this deal.

I will miss those guys as well, and will hope they will go far in the playoffs. But do you really think they will run that lineup. Randolph is playing some of the best ball of his life at the center pos. Unfortunely, I am thinking that Theo will come off the bench, and Reef will be their clean version of Rasheed at PF.

I see the positives in this trade. The deal that portland was offering a 35 to 40 mil deal for 4 years, Rasheed didn't respond. I heard that he didn't want to be there anyway. I think we could offer the same deal to Rasheed and have enough cap space to go after Kobe. Like Trace said, even if we can't resign him we have more cash to stack a good enough squad to get Kobe to look our way.

I am not sure I want Rasheed because of his additude, but he is a better player than Reef. He may not be as intelligent or have the numbers, but he is basketball smart and has size and talent.

I don't really care if Rasheed smokes all the weed in ATL, well yeah I do. smirk.gif But I don't think that makes this a bad trade unless he doesn't get to play because of it.