• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Where is Play

phoostal

I know Reef was Playmaker's favorite player, but did he leave the forum now that Reef is gone. Hate to see you go Play if you did. I know the only reason you were on the site was because you were a Reef fan. But, you never know he could be back in Atlanta in a year and a half. Stranger things have happen. I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

It's sad to see Reef and Ratliff go, but it is also exciting in many ways. This team finally is making moves to get ready for the future. We all know deep down inside this team wasn't going anywhere and something had to be done. This is just the first step.

P

I'm here.

I was woken up this morning with news of the trade.

I watched last night's game with awe. I was happy with the win and I saw us finally stringing things together like a team.

I decided to go to bed a happy man.

My phone rang with news of the trade and I thought it was a joke.

Well -- it is a joke.

A travesty.

I feel bad for Diaw. This is a kid who is going to lose playing time to Person and learn how to smoke up with super-thug number one AKA rasheed (he doesn't deserve to have his name capitalized).

I will follow the Hawks as a side diversion before Portland games, but this move sickens me. They trade the ONE player in the league that actually WANTS to play for the Hawks.

Billy Knight is a dolt.

Look at this team now, no discipline. You think they pop dumb shots now, wait until rasheed and person start adding to our number of three point attempts.

Play.

To be honest, Deez, I am definitely switching teams, but I will have a soft spot for Atl. I mean, I even grew up in Marietta, so -- I can't help but love the Hawks.

But --

Reef is my boy.

I've said it before, where he goes, I go.

It is just unfortunate that it is Portland, because I don't understand the benefit of Randolph and Reef. Reef CAN play SF, but he is highly unsuccessful there.

The only thing I can see is moving Randolph to C and Reef to PF and Theo off the bench, but that doesn't make sense.

Play.

• Premium Member

Maybe Reef can be a Hawk again in 2005.

We should have a gang of money, a new GM, and his salary demands won't exceed 14.5 Million.

His contract was not going to work. We would have had to release Reef to resign him. That means allowing him to test FAcy.

So, on the one hand, this deal is good because we would have had problems moving Reef/Ratt next year. Also, it's going to put us in prime position to finish the firesell and totally rebuild.

I will get a chance to watch many Reef games and actually see Reef play with a good PG. I'm excited. I just can't wait to see who Randolph is traded for.

I'm thinking...

Randolph/Patterson for Lewis.

Deez,

One of them has to get traded.

The Blazers are jacked at the PF spot.

Miles / Ratliff / Reef/ Randolph / Woods / Outlaw

Now even assuming Reef at SF and Ratliff at C, the Blazers are still loaded:

Randolph / Miles / Woods / Outlaw

Something has to give, especially because Patterson is a decent SF.

Maybe Portland is going to trade Reef and not Randolph. Of course, they seem to be making a big deal about signing Reef - so that would be suprising. Of course, Randolph is having a phenominal year, so that would be suprising.

P.