• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Players that I am glad that I have seen....

Diesel

• Premium Member

In this lifetime, there are players who will be on my list who I am glad that I had the ability to watch.   Many of them were Hawks.  It will make for good Barbershop talk when I'm 70 and some kid is talking about the newest star at the time and I will let my eyes roll back and say but you never saw.....

Here's my List (top 10 in order). 

1.   Dominique.   Dude would put on a showcase every game.  Every game he'd get at least 2 highlight dunks. 

2.  Jordan.  Come on.

3.  Kareem.   The Sky Hook.  People don't know what the double fists mean.

4.  Magic.   The showman.

5.  Stockton to Malone.   This combination made me understand basketball.   PNR is very basic until you see them do it. 

6.  Larry Bird.  Now hearing the stories of how he talked so much trash...  while he was doing what he was doing makes him even more incredible.

7.  Trae Young.  Mr. Everything on Offense.   He'd be higher if not for the logo three.  I hate that shot. 

8.   Grant Hill.   Smoothest player to ever pick up a basketball.  Sadly he got hurt. 

9.  Vince Carter.  Say what you want about Jordan.  Vince was the best dunker to ever live. 

10.  Kobe.  Mamba mentality is real.  He may have been an asshole but the focus and the love for the game... showed...

HM:  Shaq,  AI, KG, Duncan, CWebb, Ray Jesus Shuttlesworth Allen, Lebron, DWade, Pippen,  Payton, Kemp,  Brad Daugherty, Mark Price, Dirk, Dr. J, John Drew, and Charles Barkley...

• Like 1

I've been watching the NBA live or on TV (or many nights on the radio as a kid!) since the mid-1960s.  The obvious list of stars were favorites, of course, but I also have a few guys I just really enjoyed watching.
John Havlicek, Dan Roundfield, Artis Gilmore, and my favorite - Connie Hawkins (the precursor to Dr. J and Dominique!).   

Speedy Claxton

Jon Koncak

Dion Glover (Summer League Hall of Famer)

Priest Lauderdale

Sheldon Williams

.............players I have had the misfortune of seeing play for my Hawks!!!

I was going to add Chris Crawford but he did give us 8 solid years as a Hawk. Not too many players can say that considering he was a 2nd round pick 50th overall. 

2 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

Not too many players can say that considering he was a 2nd round pick 50th overall. 

I remember when the draft had SEVEN rounds!  
GMs were drafting some strange folks in that last round.  Boyfriends of the owner's daughter, guys who had been paralyzed in accidents, giants from overseas who were never going to play, a woman, stuff like that.  It was always interesting waiting for those last few picks!

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, LongTimeFan said:

I've been watching the NBA live or on TV (or many nights on the radio as a kid!) since the mid-1960s.  The obvious list of stars were favorites, of course, but I also have a few guys I just really enjoyed watching.
John Havlicek, Dan Roundfield, Artis Gilmore, and my favorite - Connie Hawkins (the precursor to Dr. J and Dominique!).   

I forgot about Dan "the Man".   He wouldn't have fallen in my top 10 but He was great to watch.   I did not see The Hawk... Wish I had.  Players who can palm a basketball (Like Dr. J) have always been intriguing to me. 

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Wurider05 said:

Speedy Claxton

Jon Koncak

Dion Glover (Summer League Hall of Famer)

Priest Lauderdale

Sheldon Williams

.............players I have had the misfortune of seeing play for my Hawks!!!

I was going to add Chris Crawford but he did give us 8 solid years as a Hawk. Not too many players can say that considering he was a 2nd round pick 50th overall. 

I can't get down on Priest.   At the end of the day, he didn't cost us anything...He was a pseudo Second round pick.   You don't expect much from where he was drafted.  There are bigger busts that you could have called that costed us more like...dare I say... MARVIN WILLIAMS.