• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Waiting on the Little Hawks to Grow up....

Diesel

• Premium Member

That's where we are...  We look bad because we don't have strength off the bench.   The truth is that Nate has been playing the Little Hawks off the bench and as I said elsewhere, I watched them get finessed against the Knicks.   Randall looked like it was Christmas morning.  There's a maturity that you don't get coming out of college. 

AJ - Probably of all the little Hawks, he's the most mature.  But he has a ways to go before he gets to the place where we would like him to be. 

OO - Surprisingly, OO has a long way to go.  Bigs are the hardest group to cultivate. 

JJ - I talk alot about his BBIQ.  He does some things on the court that are just dumb.  But he's getting better game by game. 

Culver - Surprised he's here but right now, he's just effort.. his shooting is right for this team because our shooting sucks and so does his. 

Dre - Mr. Mechanical.   He's improved from last year.   He makes his decisions quicker... BUT he has to be more aware. 

We need these guys to grow up. Part of that is be consistent.   I need OO to do what they said Randle did this summer... Spend a whole summer learning how to catch pocket passes and how to work in the PNR.   And while we're at it.. Master the Pin Down. 

I need Culver to work with a psychologist and a Shooting Coach.  Where is Mark Price!!!

JJ is interesting because his thing is not really on the court.   He can do everything on the court.   His thing is BBIQ.   All those years of college he missed would have helped him. 

Aj is actually on schedule.   He may even be ahead of schedule.   This kid knows what to do.. It's like Superman to JJ's Bizzaro.   Whereas JJ lacks BBIQ in some situations, AJ has BBIQ just oozing out of his pockets.  I wanted Mark Williams out of the draft.. I still do.  But I'm glad we got AJ!

Dre - I don't know what will help Dre More.   I like the fact that he worked out with Melo.  I think it really helped him.  I don't know how he can build up awareness and effort. 

There is of course Vitt and Tyrese  and Trent...  (actually, I like Trent) but until those guys start getting some important minutes, they will stay in the incubator. 

I can't say that Travis has failed in getting us a team...  The Baby Hawks are all good.   It is just going to take time for us to grow them.  We should have kept Maryland Kev and Delon.