• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2 things that IRK Me on defense that we overcame in the 4th quarter last night.

Diesel

• Premium Member

So far this season, two things that have been killing us on defense are:

1.  Walling off the interior to short/midrange shooters. 

2.  Stopping the ball's progress and making the Ball handler either pickup his dribble or pass. 

Right now.. Nate should be showing our guys Laker Highlights and How Lebron Intently pushed inside and was met with no opposition on the way.   He should also show how Thomas Bryant had nobody to make him work to get to the interior. 

I want to say that last night, we got out of the zone and went to a man to man offense or maybe it was a matchup zone or maybe a diamond and one.   I don't know which one it was but I saw Dre' pick up Kawhi and just not let him get away.   While Trae looked like he was matched up with Batum, Trae was spying Kawhi and he offered Dre' help. 

For once.. I saw DJM and JC stopping the ball's progress down the middle. 

In the 4th, our starters played defense like it mattered.  Everybody held to their assignment and we are dangerous when we play defense like that.   DJM is most dangerous when he can roam into passing lanes because his long arms allow him to get his hands on balls. 

Nate.. whatever you're teaching... keep it up... and Please... Keep Bogi off the floor when we're trying to get stops.  Somebody needs to explain to Bogi his lane.   He swears that he's a shot creator.   And I don't mind you making a pass if needed.  But to get the ball at halfcourt and dribble dribble dribble.. shoot.. is not good offense.   Watch some Kyle Korver tapes. 

• Like 2