• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What does Atlanta have in picks?

OGRat

This could really work out well in our favor when you consider that its very likely we will have at a minimum 3 of the top 35 or so picks since both us and Orlando are bombing this season. If we could just trade Sheed for a high draft pick and a decent player in a SNT move where he gets the MCE from us or a salary in that range we could really be in business youth wise. For example if we could trade him to Detroit in a SNT where they gave us Okur and their 1st plus the first from the Bucks I would be extremely happy. We would then be able to package 2 of those firsts for a higher first round pick and have 2 blue chip prospects playing for us next year combined with a talented front court prospect in Okur and Diaw plus a ton of cap space.

The Magic also own Phoenix's 2nd round pick which should still be a good one. However, the point is they don't have to give us their own pick - any 2nd rounder will do.

Knowing Gabriel, he'll find a way to keep the Suns pick by acquiring an even lower 2nd rounder. So don't get too excited about having another high pick in the 2nd...

1st round

Atlanta receives a future (2007 and beyond) Philadelphia (protected) first-round pick. (Glenn Robinson)

2nd round

Atlanta receives Philadelphia's 2004 second round pick. (Efthimios Rentzias)

*Note Philadelphia received their 2006 second-rounder back from Atlanta in the Glenn Robinson trade.

+

2nd round pick from Orlando. Any team's pick. Orlando's option. Due by '04. No protection. (Anthony Johnson)

So we'll have our own

1.high 1st rounder

2.high 2nd rounder

+

3.mid/high Philly 2nd rounder

4.any 2nd rounder via Orlando

Is this draft a deep one? We should select an international with one of the 2nd rounders. Less risk and we'd retain their rights while they mature overseas.

Thats not too shabby. I am still kind of unhappy because we no longer have Reef and Theo. We did get Sheed, which he is definitely a talented enough to be an allstar and I think his numbers were low this year, because they were calling Randolphs number much more in the post.

I think this trade was mostly a plan for 2 things. My thinking is this....Hawks were really starting to play better and maybe could of made a run for the playoffs, and we all know this team wasnt going anywhere. Knight wants a top 3 pick at best, so with the Hawks playing well and by any chance they make the playoffs there goes top 3 pick, and even top 12. So at the same time he is clearing cap space and bringing in a totally new player, while giving up two of our best 3 players and totally killing the chemistry that was building up a bit, and is totally impossible to tell the players to tank the season so we can get a top 3 pick, so it worked out for both situations.....the cap space for the summer and killing the chemistry that this team was having lately.

Now most think it is a total rebuild on the team, but we all know this team can be contenders next season by just simple things happening.

These are the things that could happen and have a chance of happening.

- They made it clear that their first priority in the offseason is to try to lure Kobe to sign with Atlanta, superb decision

- Resign Rasheed, I think if we can sign Kobe it will make Rasheed's decision easier to sign with us, plus we have the Bird rights. There is no doubt we all know Sheed can help this team, we all know is all-star material.

- Top 3 pick, which we might get, at worst I think a top 5, but if we can get Howard or Okafor it will be great, plus we get 2, 2nd round picks one from Orlando and one of ours, and like Dolfan said both teams bombed this season we can have 2 top 30-35 players in this draft, and there is talent there with all the European making their way to the NBA.

These things happen in our favor and you can put us in contention next season in the East.

JT/Kobe/Jax or Diaw/Sheed/Nazr

Howard or Okafor

Dion - resign

Vaughn - if we resign him

Jax or Diaw

Person - resign

2nd round big man

another 2nd rounder

Crawford

hendu

hansen

I think this lineup can win and win now , plus now we have some depth in the bench with our 3 top 35 picks