• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

BRAVES IN CANADA

Gray Mule

57 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Well, this year's Braves team proved it again today.  They have no idea about when or how to bunt.

🥲

Lost art 🖼️ in the game, the game changed a lot, I personally loved the bunt and like the pitcher to bat. I’ve always been an NL guy, remember AL always DH’d, just brings more strategy imo I could be wrong. 

Also, believe me I love that they sped up the game but that pitching clock feels foreign AF to me! It’s just, it looks wrong.

• Like 1

Before the DH, pitchers especially were expected to know how to bunt.  Apparently, today's free swingers think that learning to bunt is beneath them.

Simple solution today - - Set their butt down and really insult them- - Bring in yesturday's pitcher to bat in his place.  I'll bet that they all remember how to do it!  Squeeze bunt - - drive in the run - winning move.

Either learn how to bunt or expect someone else do it for you!

😉

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I could be wrong

No. You're not. It's absolutely removed the manager from having any meaningful decision-making in a game beyond handing the line-up card to the ump before the game.

I didn't quit baseball. They stopped playing baseball. It's Manfredball now. I mourn for the game I used to love. It was arguably the most bonding thing my dad (passed in 2010) and I ever did together, watching baseball. Great memories.

And yeah. That's anger you heard in my words. But oh well. It's just a consumer entertainment choice at the end of the day. There are other options.

• Sad 1

Braves games VS the Blue Jays in the last two seasons - - -  0-9!  Best advice I have:

STAY OUT OF CANADA!!

:smug:

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Haha 1

I didn’t notice the freakin Dodgers came up behind us and passed us last night in the standing. Wtf, they had a slow start but on fire now. We have a favorable schedule excluding the Dodgers next week. Other than that our first half schedule looks good on paper. 

Go Braves!!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dnice said:

Not good north of the border, still bitter about 1992 WS loss too.

My friend and I watched every game of that series together he is a die hard blue jays fan since mid 80’s from NY originally and I, diehard Braves.

Alomar and Joe Carter… dang, we ran into a hot squad, I still think that was our year after the 91 Minny bs with Jack Morris and Kirby. 

93 should have also been our year, the stupid Phillies with Steroid Dykstra, Kruk and Daulton. Mickey Morandininwas the most annoying though.

• Like 1