• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Big Coup for the Fins

phoostal

Nice work by the Fins to get Boston for a 6th round pick and Flethcher (who stunk). Not to mention they were able to restructure Boston's contract in case he decide to be an idiot.

Great job, Speilman! Now this will really put the heat on Dave W. to win this year.

With the 20th pick believe it or not I still think the Fins should grab a WR. Since Chambers will be a FA next year. This maybe the best year to grab a WR. This way we won't be screwed if Chambers leaves or if Boston ends up being an F' up.

Just my opinion.

P

I agree its a great move getting Boston. Everyone should remember that this guy is actually a week younger than Chris Chambers and has an enormous upside. I doubt he will have huge numbers in Miami since its Rickys team, but he will make a night and day difference on this offense I believe.

Fletcher will be a good corner in this league but he has shown that he cannot play press coverage and thats why he never fit in Miami. San Diego made out fairly well getting out of from under Bostons contract plus picking up a young corner that should be able to start for them.

I think there is very little chance that they take a WR with the 20th pick. Most likely they will trade down and out of the 1st and pick up and extra 3rd rounder and will take the best available player (most likely concentrating on OL).

Yeah, I didn't mean to say Fletcher stunk. But, he didn't fit into Miami's scheme. He constantly got beat, like the little drummer boy.

I agree about the OL in the draft. I was thinking of trading down. To get two second's and grabbing the best OL and best WR that is left. I just would hate to see us left out in the cold if Boston starts acting up or if Chambers bolts in FA. This is the year to draft a WR. Otherwise to get a quality WR in the draft you will have to be in the top 10.

I agree this is still Ricky's team. But, having Boston and Chambers as the wideouts is going to be tremendous for Ricky. I can't wait till teams line 8 men in the box to stop Ricky. Let AJ Fiedler (who knows on the QB, leaning towards Feeley) pick them apart. Let's not forget about McMichael or a 3rd wideout in the draft. This team should finally have an explosive offense.

Also, good additions this off season to their OL, CB's and with Wilkins for punts and kick off's. Now the last thing is to resign Wale. Then it will be a great off season.

Go Fins! Let's see them in Jacksonville in January 05.

P

Last season on the worst team, with one of the worst offenses he still had 70 catches and he is 25 years old....so its really hard to buy into the "he hasnt done anything in a while" arguement.

Miami has a very good young QB prospect in AJ Feeley that they got from Philly......he is going to turns some heads this year.

Last last year, Doug Johnson looked like a LEGIT backup QB durin his 1 game as a starter (when Vick was out).

and last season proved that the dude sucks... lol

not tryin to jinx u or anything but Volek, Feely, and Rattay still have lots to prove...

Oh yeah I completely agree with that, however there is a huge difference between the talent level of Feeley and that of Doug Johnson. I had absolutely zero faith that Johnson would ever be anything because lets face it, UF QBs never amount to anything in the NFL and he was just another QB who was a product of the system. To give him a little credit the Falcons had one of the worst OL in football last year so he didnt have too much opportunity for success, but I doubt the results would have been much different even with a top OL.

The key with Feeley, along with his level of talent, is that he exhibits the same coolness on the field that Tom Brady has. A.J. doesn't approach a game like it is the seventh game of the world series. He just takes everything stride and doesn't get flustered by the pressure. This is something that is very overlooked when looking at young quarterbacks who are "understudies" in the league.

Philadelphia could have very well fallen out of the playoff picture in 2002 after McNabb's injury. Feeley could have gone out there and played tight, forced things, and lost games for that team. He didn't though. He showed impressive poise on the field and the ability to make all the throws. The guy completed 15 passes of 20+ yards in the 5 games he started. Of his incomplete passes, 19% were dropped by that horrible receiving corps in Philly.