• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Luol Deng

Plainview1981

On ESPN, they had a documentary on Loul Deng. From his background, they talked about his home country in Sudan. The kid experienced genocide, being uprooted from Sudan to Egypt to England to a prep school in New Jersey. Not only that, he's a family man. He cares about his country. He cries during the National Anthem. That in itself tells a lot about the kid. I mean how many people cry in our own National Anthem.

ESPN also said that Deng is a work horse. He practices early in the morning. His mindset is that of the Sudan people his age are in war while he wins ball games. He feels grateful in the position he's in, and he's taking advantage of his situation.

The kid is already a winner in my heart. The kid is no slacker. The things he's experienced in his life will translate in him working harder in becoming a better basketball player.

In my opinion, I think Loul Deng would be a great pick up for the Hawks.

u cant use stats to justify picks in college... teams like DUKE have a system in which the players have to work together to get a win. Its rare to see 1 man show on a DUKE TEAM.

look at this years duke team... since there are several potential NBAers on the team, its hard to produce outstanding individual stats.

I have seen him play only a couple of times but he really didn't impress me too much. What are his strong suits? What are his weaknesses?

I am holding my breath until the lotto for us to get #1 pick. Then we draft Okafor. I know Howard is the hometown guy but Okafor is awesome. His back trouble is a little scary however. Also, I am hoping that Devin Harris or S Livingston falls to us w/ our mid 1st.

My little brother goes to school with that guy he is the most pampered, softest person I ever met. He is the child of priviledge. I think I could be wrong but the guy acts like Reef did back in High school I have a bad feeling about this guy. I usaully try to support African int'l players but this kid doesn't impress me.

unless he bursts out here at the end of the tourney, he's staying in. Duke's walked their way through the first round, which actually hurts his stock, cause he's not getting much tv time.

I truly don't think he'll come out this year.

I think Nbadraft.net just keeps players listed by hype, etc. and not really by team. If you check there much you'll notice they move players around occasionally but not the teams and it's not like anyone knows who'll pick when yet.

Either way, I would not pick Deng with a top10 pick at this point. He hasnt impressed me at all.