• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

European Players have no fundamentals

BlackHawkDown

What fundamentals do European players have? 7'0" shoot jump shots.

No European player plays great Defense, look at Toni Kukoc, Dirk Novitzki, etc. other than Kirelenko and Gasol no European player is a standout on the defensive side of the ball.

Than again all American players are "track stars". We all know what that really means

The reason shooting, assist and everything else is down in the NBA is because every GM in the league built a team around defense to match up with the Pistons and then the Bulls. So the the days of the gunner died and every player in America at the college level started focusing on Defense compare the half court and transition defense of yesterday to today its obvious that D is up.

But then again these are just the words of another "track star" tongue.gif

The reason shooting, assist and everything else is down in the NBA is because every GM in the league built a team around defense to match up with the Pistons and then the Bulls. So the the days of the gunner died and every player in America at the college level started focusing on Defense compare the half court and transition defense of yesterday to today its obvious that D is up.

But then again these are just the words of another "track star"

WRONG. If it was defense most players would still be able

to hit open shots and most can't do it. Its very clear that

skills at the PG spot has declined. Not to mention teams

run really simple offenses and of course that becomes easy

to defend. Expansion has also hurt the league. But make no

mistake...Players don't shoot very well these days. Don't

talk defense because Peja can shoot shoot 49% and average

25PPG. You can watch a guy like Peja and watch a guy like

Paul Pierce and see the difference. Defense didn't stop

Wesley Person from shooting a high percentage....It doesn't

stop Ray Allen.

They are taught at a young age how to shoot the ball, how to handle the ball, how to pass the ball....etc. These are all fundamental skills that guys like Darius Miles are lacking.

It's really the fault of the coaches and the AAU racket over here. They allow their "athletes" to be athletes instead of basketball players.

That comment about AAU is not true, at least in all circumstances. I know for a fact because I play with a top national program that features many of these highly ranked "athletes", however we are taught fundamentals. I will agree with you on that all AAU programs with top athletes do not stress fundamentals, but you should not blame AAU for this. It is the college coaches fault. The fact is if you dont play AAU you aint going no where. I dont care how good you do for your high school team. One of my hs teammates is a six foot guard who is strong with a forty something inch vertical. He can shoot the lights out and has a good handle with solid defense as well.. Has above average grades and averaged like 16 pts for an extremely talented high school team, but he hasnt been offered by anyone because he didnt play AAU. If it wasnt like this, maybe some kids would sit out a year to work on their skills instead playing aau games which when you play on a team like mine, normally turn into a dunkfest after the first quarter because 99% of the other teams couldnt hold your jock strap.

but by college, many of a player's habits, tendencies, work ethic, and attitude towards self improvement have already been instilled in them by who...their aau coaches, many of whom have their own interest at heart. Getting shoe/endorsement deals for the team etc, thigns that benefit the coach as much as the players.