• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Summer...your opinion on the proper approach?

Weez

Sorry guys. Been away for a bit.

I guess my reaction was to Diesel's proposal of giving up Diaw and our second 1st for Kwame.

As for maturity, I am comparing him to others who have come from high school- Lebron, Kobe, Tmac, Garnett and Oneal. Kwame is not in their league.

I believe we could get a player with Kwame's skills in the draft (at #17). I could be proven wrong, but I do not see him as a winner. He does not show the winners mentality. It might have something to do with him being in Washington. Maybe he's shellshocked!

You compare him to Jermaine Oneal. I don't think that's fair because Oneal did not have a chance to show what he could do. He never got major minutes. I think Washington has given Kwame all the chance in the world to step up and show what he's got. He's had some good games, but it took Laetner having a drug suspension before Kwame could get to start this past year.

If given the choice of Diaw or Kwame... it would be a toss up for me. If you throw a pick in there too, I'd say don't do it.

Kwame came into the L with a man body, much like Amare...that's why people trusted the pick. But he hasn't stepped up despite repeated chances.

JO,being on the bench in POR, got time to work on his game and body (he didn't have the NBA body when he came out). Furthermore, besides playing behind great bigmen there, learning from them, I think he also became hungry...he wanted his chance. Kwame just doesn't show any of that fire.

Would I take him over Foyle...yeah. But that being said...I wouldn't really want either of them, at least not to be a dependant part of our future, maybe as a cog, but not as our "hope"

our "hope" on him. Rather, it would allow him to come in here and be "a piece" and not have the pressure of being "the centerpiece." I'd love to do a deal like that, get lucky and get Howard (or Okafor)in the draft and pick up Okur in free agency. Okur, Howard (or Okafor) and Kwame would form a tremendous young big man rotation in my opinion.