• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Off-topic no more!

chillzatl

• Admin

I have returned....

Off-topic is dead. If you want to talk about any of the things outlined in the description of this topic, this is the place for it.

Basically anything non-sports related. This isn't the place for political opinions, discussions or bashing (arguements). There is no place for that on this site anymore. Any such posts will be deleted.

If you want to know why...

I come back to my site after being away for a few weeks and it's the same old [censored]. People arguing over other peoples opinions, political bashing, etc. Just as tiring as always and I'm just not going to allow it anymore.

If you have further questions, message me.

Its your site, therefore you should have control over content. But the last time you did this the off topic became a buch of lame discussions about video games and wrestling. Although I have found Dolfan's tirades offensive at times I always found them interesting or at least good for a chuckle. I even enjoy my title of BigotHawkDown, so again its your site do as you please I dont have any complaints, but remeber when we shut up things we dont like the community becomes intellectually stagnate.

• Admin

That doesn't really bother me. This isn't an "off-topic" website. It's a basketball website. More specifically, it's an Atlanta Hawks basketball site. I don't really care if people find the off-topic forums boring or not. That's not why people come here. If they were, too bad. I'm not catering to those people anyway.

There was nothing intellectually uplifting about the majority of the conversations (see arguements) that took place in that forum anyway. Just a bunch of one-sided arguements by people who, for the most part, lack the life experience to back up most of what they were argueing about in the first place.

It's like if ESPNZone had a room where people did nothing but stand around and argue about everything but sports. Eventually nobody goes in that room except for the few people who get off on argueing. Why would they waste the space for a few people to stand around and argue about stuff that has nothing to do with the primary interest of their business? Answer..they wouldn't.

A few people may find it boring. But the majority if the users may actually find that they now have things they want to post here. Since it will no longer be dominated by arguements they aren't interested in participating in or even reading in the first place.

Thanks for the reply.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Admin

I left it here as a reminder for anyone who "forgot" what I wanted this forum used for. Obviously people did forget..

This forum is not an "echo chamber" for one person to push their sour opinions on others or provoke arguement about said opinions.

If anyone needs an easy to understand reminder about what IS acceptable here, read the first post in this thread.

Thank you.