• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thoughts on Trading JT

jaywalker72

Guest Walter

I agree that DD doesn't strike me as a better player than JT. However, No LATE 1st rd pick should appear better than JT, especially this early in the appraisal period with JT having such a head start developmentally.

However, it is really tiresome to read your incessant white player hate. Before you go and huff, you've posted repeatedly against any player with a skin color lighter than Halle Berry's, from the suburbs or Europe, and not from Rucker Park. Tiresome. I could site example after example but I'm not sure you are worth that courtesy.

However, if you STILL don't get how prejudiced you sound/are, let me help you out with a present example, one from your most recent post. When you say...

In reply to:

"He (Dickau) is going to be at best a Craig Ehlo/ John Stocton Hybrid."

...while I don't get the inclusion of a white SG or the insistance upon using only white players to describe the game of DD, you are giving DD an IMMENSE compliment!!! You don't mean it as a compliment (that quote follows "DD is a good college player, that's it!) as you could never see a Hall of Fame-to-be white player such as Stockton and perinially one of the league's best 6th men if not a very good starter in Craig Ehlo as awesome and very good players respectively (or the prospect of them combined as a player worthy of anything more than a mid 2nd rd pick in this year's draft)!

I like DD alot. JT is better and will likely remain better both as a player and as a Pg (though likely less "traditional"). That doesn't mean DD isn't worth far more than his #28 selection. Quit hatin' on him and every other white player including of all white players John Stockton. GEEZE! To use comparisons to Ehlo (albeit an odd one seemingly begging out of position for a white player) much less John Stockton as part of an argument as to why not draft a guy #28 is so absurd it insults only yourself.

W

• Premium Member

In reply to:

I could POSSIBLY see doing the deal for Eddie Jones but Eddie is not a leader. Is he really that good? Where has he led his team to before?

This is some irrelevant BS. First off, SAR is the leader of the Hawks. That's weather we have JT or not. Leader is what you do, not what you say.

Second... You couldn't have expected 1 player to make any one team better or hold him responsible when their not? So I guess you would say the Same about NIQUE when he was here??? His teams did the same as Eddie's teams. IS Nique really that good??

Please don't make the whole Board jump on you trying to hold up that ridiculous argument.

In reply to:

No way in hell would I even CONSIDER trading JT for Shane Battier. Battier is a glorified role player while JT is a potential All Star. I don't care why Memphis would do it, I wouldn't.

If we can get Battier and Lo while giving up Hendu... I'd do it.

The thing you miss about both Battier and Eddie is that they fit HERE. JT is good, but we have yet to find a FIT for him. Eddie Jones fits with our defense. Imagine Theo/DJ/Eddie as our defensive presence... Plus Eddie outside of Riley's system would be a much better scorer.

I agree on Odom. If I was sure he was out of the weed, i'd take him.

In reply to:

Wells has a horrible attitude and he's too much of a risk. I wouldn't mind taking a chance on him but I wouldn't give up JT to take that chance.

Wells is good. I'd take him if Dale Davis somehow came with him.

Guest Walter

Don't see it, especially if it's about "what you do" as you say it is. I think even SAR would agree JT is the team's (primary) leader.

W

• Premium Member

JT is the team's spokesman but not the leader. If JT were the leader, People would follow him. JT couldn't even get Glover to workout with him....

However, who worked out with Dion and DJ last offseason....

SAR.

Who called for the team to have VOLUNTARY Workouts and almost everyone showed up....

SAR.

Who is it that other teams talk about when they play the Hawks... Stopping SAR!

SAR may be soft spoken... But he is a leader... BY EXAMPLE. When he speaks, People listen. Name one incident where that has ever happened with JT?

ONE?

What leadership thing does JT do other than talk to the press and have a celebrity game?

SAR is the TEAM leader.

SAR definitely has some great leadership qualities but JT is the leader of this team. JT might even defer to SAR when asked who the leader of the team is out of respect. That being said, when the going gets tough, who do the coaches and players expect to make a big shot or a big play? Who constantly steps up in crunch time?

People ALWAYS listen when JT talks! What are you talking about? He's a MUCH better spokesperson for the team than Reef is although Reef is good too. The coaches and players listen to JT as well. JT is such a respectful young man that at times, he may defer to Reef out of respect but he is without question the heart and soul of the team.