• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who will be watching the NBA Draft Lottery tonight

hawkster411

Curious to see how many Hawks Fans will be watching the Lottery tonight?

I'm a college student working the graveyard shift, and I'm getting off early to watch lottery. I'm trying to be optimistic here guys.

I'm 21, and in my life time, I havn't seen the Hawks draft a bonified all star (I was born a few months after dominque wilkins was drafted).

I'm praying the Hawks will get the next Kevin Garnett type player. Someone who is willing to stick around for a long time.

New management and Billy Knight at the throne is one of the main reasons why I will be watching. This is a new era for the Hawks, and if the lottery balls fall in our favor, this will help jump start the organization.

I'm curious and excited to see the Hawks draft position, rookie selections, coaching selection, free agents, and how Billy Knight and company will handle all these obstacles. It's going to be a fun summer, and this is the start of a new beginning...

chatroom during the draft, BRILLIANT!

I'm in, hope it's working. I'm watching. There's a high degree of unintentional comedy (a 90 or so on teh SportsGuy's scale) and, as we know, much of the Hawks future will be determined.

it's weird that some on this board are speaking of not watching. I guess that some are not optimistic in general and therefore aren't going to watch. But for me, yeah, the disappointment could be huge, but so could the gains.

• Premium Member

Even when the Hawks weren't in it. There's just something about watching where the picks fall and who selects whom. This year though, I've got a little more incentive. Every year, I take a look at the "conspiracy" aspect and try to evaluate beforehand which team would be deemed worthy of the top selections. Every year, I'm either right...or the results come out even more perfectly (and conveniently) than I could have expected.

This year, if a fix is on, I believe Atlanta is a PRIME target. I have a strong feeling that a would be playoff team will be getting a boost too. My gut says Philly. That would put 3 EC teams in the top 3, so I think we could also see an unexpected WC team slip in and bump somebody out...like Utah.

Yeah, Utah and Dwight Howard...like that isn't a made for TV fairytale wedding. smirk.gif

I just can't see Chicago or the Clippers landing either of the top 2 selections (I wouldn't put the Clippers ANYWHERE in the top 3)...and I think there are far more deserving teams out there than Washington - whom a lot of people think are going to come away with a top selection.

Reviewing our draft history, and the situation of our franchise, I believe this is the year. I look for us to be "handed" a #1 or #2 selection. If not, and if Chicago and/or the Clippers land in the top 3, then I will be less inclined to believe in the conspiracy hype.

Then again, all bets are off if Cleveland wins this thing!

• Premium Member

...but if I am wrong, then I will admit as much and concede to those who do not wholly subscribe to, or give even a little credence to, the less than credible theories.

I'm watching ESPN and all the NBA analyst are saying that this is a weak draft.

Some say having the #6 pick and up are better than having the #1 pick. They were saying that there are so many unknown factors (ala high school players) that it's hard to dictate who will be the safest pick.