• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official Clippers-Are-A-Waste of Talent Thread

TheDude

These guys basically just use up talent for nothing when other teams could use it. Ownership seems to have no desire to be a good team and they waste good high draft picks every year. I'm not saying they don't pick well, I'm saying they're going to suck anyway, so let those picks go somewhere else..

That team is pi.sses me off.

• Premium Member

I get SOOOOO tired of seeing them in the lottery. Just the fact that THEY landed the #2 pick ALONE makes me believe that there has to be some randomness to this thing. There should be some kind of stipulation that if you've won the lottery X times in X years that you are automatically moved out of contention for the top X picks...

I must give the Clippers sometype of credit(Can't believe I said that). They did try this past season, and that may be in the right direction.

I also hate to see them in the lottery each year, but we can't do anything about that, and we need to focus on the Hawks.

Maybe we can trade picks with the Clippers, because they have no use for Howard. The Clippers will most likely piss us off, and trade the pick to another team.

Sour luck for the Hawks as always, but lets hope Billy Knight can work some magic.

showed signs this season? you mean by matching the Utah set contract of Maggette? or by paying brand? You do realize that without those moves, they would have a) driven away the budding fan base they've created, or b)that without those salaries on board, they would have been well below the League MINIMUM for payroll this year. They had to sign someone...seriously. did you read Jay's post concerning their 3-21 finish to the season? they did that with Brand in the lineup most of the time (if memory serves me right, he was back from his injury around that time). And still sucked that much? I don't think you recall the number of players they've had that have gone on to huge careers...including Odom this year...as soon as they got the hell of out dodge. Or the fact that

If someone shot sterling, the NBA would be a whole lot better. Not endorsing it at all, just the sentiment of his being removed as ownder. Lord knows he's content to sit back and make money on a team that shares a colluseum with another team, further decreasing his overhead. He cares two shits about winning or the product he puts on teh floor. I truly feel for Elgin Baylor. I can just picture those conversations concerning the addition of a fa.

they may very likely trade the pick, it makes sense in many regards (no one's mentioned JT to Clipps for the pick and wilcox,, though I'm not sure of it's effects on the Kobegate....or shock the world and take Deng, move his fellow-Duke rookie-to-pro mate Maggette to the two guard and work on trading the one of the powerfords (Ely has more worth now, Wilcox the nationally known name...remember him?) in order to get a more proven pg (than Jaric).

there's pretty much nothing knwon right now. it's hard for me to speculate much, or do mock drafts, until more is known about the current players and what in the hell teams are going to do. I'd wager one thing: there are at least two picks traded prior to or on draft night.

Going in the right direction as far as getting a new head coach, resigning Brand/Corey.

Alot of people felt as if the ownership would let those two players go.

Don't get me wrong the Clippers have a horrible ownership, but they have showed some signs of going in the right direction. Now if they go after Kobe Bryant, and draft a "NEED" they may be headed into the playoffs.

The Clippers in the playoffs....say what!

the last team with the longest stretch since their last playoffs...was GS. The team that traded CWebb cause Nellie didn't get along with him. The team that lost then -all-star Sprewell due to, well, spre and yet another coach. remember run tmc...ah, run tmc. that's a [censored] ass franchise too, you could make the strong argument that we are....

what has any of this to do with current affairs? nada. guess that was my point.

they (the NBA) should have a rule... hmm, call it the CLIPPER-rule or POST-JORDAN-BULLS-rule

where after a certain number of NONPLAYOFF seasons... they are automatically excused of a lottery pick.

say something like every 10 years (MAX)...

but then again, we wouldnt want that rule to bite us in the butt either... lol