• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel has a new trade!!!

Diesel

• Premium Member

JT to Boston

for Chucky Atkins/Stewart/#15....

This is a move that helps in the longterm....

We would have #6, #15, and #17 in the draft....

We could send #6, #17, and a future first to Orlando for #2... if we wanted...

Or ...

keep the picks and get Josh Smith, Kris Humphries, and JR Smith with the picks.... K - Martin with #35...

That's a good young core. If we spend only so much in FAcy... At the end of the year, we would have 17-18 million dollars to spend in free agency next year.

i like trading jt for another draft pick

i want as many picks as possible

i'd be fine if we came away with 7 picks and signed them all + diaw + hendu + cc + hansen

we'd have 7 players to get lots of time and develop, and next season we'd get another high pick and then sign a great fa (tmac?) with our money

utah has 1000 picks, maybe we can trade jt to them, or trade jt to boston for 2 picks, i dunno

At first I didn't like the Boston deal but when I realized that Michael Stewart's deal only has 1 year left and Chucky Atkins' contract is the same length as JT's at less than half the price I realized I liked it. Chucky Atkins could do a solid job at starting PG for us as long as we surrounded him with good players. #6/#17/#43(Philly 1st as last resort)could be thrown at LAC and ORL or in a 3-way since they might want proven veterans.

#2- Howard/Okafor

#15- Araujo/Jackson/Snyder

#35- K.Martin/big man?

#38- Duhon

Well Diesel, this trade worked for me right up until the point you started naming who we should get.

Instead, I would draft in this order. This is given we do the right thing and resign Stephen Jackson.

#6 - Jameer Nelson. I'll take proven winning talent over the kid from High School any day.

#15 - Robert Swift - C High School. Mark my words, this kid is the real deal and will climb up the boards quickly. He's gaining weight and doing what it takes to become an NBA center. He'll be a rich man's Pryzbilla, with an offensive game.

#17 - You can go 2 ways here. 1st, Luke Jackson or Al Jefferson. I hate the idea of Passing on Luke, but Jefferson is a mean nasty banger. He's exactly what we would have gotten had we carried Udonis Haslem last year.

#35 - Ha Seung-Jin 7-3 300 C (S. Korea) 1985. 300 lb High schooler that can play. Great risk at 35.

#38 - Chris Duhon - Played on the best team for 90% of last season and led them to another ACC championship. Great backup point guard of the future.

#43 - Rashad Wright - Georgia. (Given we take Jefferson at 17) Shame he isn't on the board but as he showed in team workouts, he's an NBA caliber player. Can play the 2 behind Stephen Jackson. (Given we take Luke Jackson at 17), I'd go with moving this pick for a veteran contract and future considerations. (#43, Henderson for a bad contract and a future protected first.)

Here's a projected roster

Atkins, Nelson, Duhon

Jackson, Wright, Hansen

Crawford, Diaw

Harrison, Henderson

Pryz, Swift, Ha Seung-Jin

You have the money to go after Kobe if you want to this year and could move Jackson to the 3 and have Kobe at the 2. A starting 5 of Nelson, Jackson, Bryant, Harrison, and 2 7 foot centers in 2 years is very attractive. Especially to a coach like Fratello.

Why hasn't anyone suggested the possibility of Shaun Livingston, the point guard out of High School in Chicago falling to 6. Someone has to. If Charlotte picks their poison and takes Josh Smith instead, Livingston would fall.

Any takers on a 6'7" point guard. This is also a real possibility.

• Premium Member

The point with Stewart is that we cut him immediately just to make room for someone who will play with heart. Next offseason with the exodus of CC, Hendu, Stewart, and Hansen we will have about 17-18 million to spend on a new FA IF we don't lose our mind and over pay this offseason.

Also, I liked Chucky Atkins in Orlando. I think Doc did too. Because of that, I don't know if Doc would so readily go for this trade... However, I bet Doc would appreciate the challenge of molding JT into a PG the way he molded Atkins into one.

It would be great if LAC would take 6/17 for #2... But i don't know... They know that we are desperate for Howard.... However I think they want to save as much money as possible and still get talent?

• Premium Member

That's my concern about Howard too... I have seen him play in allstar games and such.... But I haven't seen him play against real competition in a game that wasn't a showcase. Skillwise, I can't say that he won't be the next KG... However, he could easily be the next Danny Manning.. Right now, it's hard to tell but I do know he will be good.

Even so... I think Jo Smith will be good too. I could see getting him and 2 other first rounders (15/17) which will probably be good players and definitely help fill our need for depth... But right now, the Clipps are looking at Us, Charlotte, Utah, and Boston and wondering who would do the most to help them....