• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBA finals

Guys missing open layups after open layups is not

entertaining to me. The biggest problem is the

PG spot. Billups isn't a PG. Teams can't run fast

breaks because the league doesn't have enough real

PG's to do it with as we see with the likes of JT/

Tyorne Lue/Billups/Jeff McInnis/Marko Jaric starting.

The league lacks duels and fueds. Seeing the best

players going at it. I realize all the teams added

since the 80's has alot to do with this. Players

are more spread out and so on..I even enjoyed the

Bulls/Jazz series because of Karl/Stockton/MJ/Pippen.

Maybe deep down I was some of a Jazz fan. I love good

passing and good shooting. The Utah showed that when

you can be sucessful even when the other team knows

what you are doing....As long as you do it correctly.

but then when more "true pg's" come into the league, guys like Mike James for example...you bash them, saying that they're a dime a dozen. No, Billups isn't a true pg...but he's finally found a home in Detroit as the team plays good "team pg," moving the ball constantly, generally making the extra pass.

Big Ben is saying he doesn't want help on Shaq, and I see why.

Ben Wallace says if they double team Shaq, it will only hurt them on defense. You can deal with Shaq scoring, as long as the rest of the Lakers are held on defense.

Hopefully the Pistons are able to take the game tonight to go 2 up, and remeber to never think the Lakers are down.

Bring the Championship back to the East Pistons.

Larry Brown was pissed, there was no way the Lakers should have won this game. Before Kobe Bryant took the shot that tied it, there was a no call on a Billups drive where he got knocked to the floor, and Shaq got the ball and the Pistons didn't foul him! wtf?

Damn I hope this doesn't cost Detroit the series!

Why in the world didn't he tell the team to foul Shaq if he touched the ball when the Pistons were up 3 with 11 seconds left on the clock? Worse case scenario, Shaq makes 2 and you call time out and take the ball at 1/2 court still up 1. Throw it in to Billups or Hamilton and let them go to the line. More likely scenario, Shaq misses at least one and you get the ball back up at least 2 and throw it in to Billups or Hamilton.

im thinkin that as well... make it a FREE THROW shootin contest w/ DETROIT up by 3.

however!

im also wonderin why

1)Hamilton (a dude thats not known for his D) was guarding KOBE? he barely contested the shot... he gave him too much space

2)Prince- whos clearly botherin KOBE in the OUTSIDE throughout the whole series, wasnt guarding KOBE... its clear that the lakers were takin a 3 point shot...

but either way, doesnt matter... big props to KOBE for makin that shot... it was a clutch situation, and he hit it...

get ready for game 3

• Premium Member

That's what I'm thinking. I think with 11 seconds, Kobe dribbles frees himself up and BANG. They couldn't stop him. If they throw a double or triple at him, he skips the ball cross court for the open 3.

It didn't matter who was gonna guard him either. If he puts it up with that look in his eye, he's likely to hit it over anyone. But if he skips it over to someone, then the Pistons would probably like to have a good defender on him - who would have likely been Prince.

As for fouling Shaq...

Maybe it's a miss and make situation, or maybe he makes 2, or maybe he makes one and the other bounces out for a 2 (which ties) or a 3 (which wins)... Maybe they get the ball back and get fouled, in either situation and they miss one or two and the Lakers get the ball back and can tie or win it with a shot...

Too many variables...

Let Kobe shoot, he misses...Pistons win. He makes it, overtime...Pistons D vs. 5 fouls on Kobe and Shaq.

Let Shaq dunk, Pistons still up by 1 with the ball.

I think LB quarterbacked that as best he could. You can't diagram plays to stop what Kobe did. If you could, you wouldn't hear about those incredible shots over and over again.

dont get me wrong here... KOBE definitely made the play HAPPEN... big props to him for makin that shot...

HOWEVER, i dont like how hamilton barely contested that shot...

as far as KOBE makin that shot over anyone when hes that DETERMINED... well that could be TRUE, however as a fan rootin for the pistons- i rather have PRINCE's long arms guardin kobe than hamilton...

btw- is it just me or did it seem hamilton was kinda scared that he would FOUL kobe at the 3 line... and therefore, just got out of the way after he barely jumped...

• Premium Member

You can bet LB discussed that during the TO. There was no way they were going to foul him. But I don't think he tried to give him that space. Either way, I think the Pistons were willing to take their chances with a contested 3point shot that would only send the game to OT - with Shaq and Kobe on the verge of fouling out.

As for who wins... The Wolves are gone so personally, it really doesn't matter to me. I just want a competitive championship - something we haven't really had since Jordan retired. It's good basketball and it's good for the NBA.

I'm going to watch every game. This is great!

I agree htat PRince should have probably been on Kobe, esp. since you know he has to take a 3 (thus speed is less of an issue).

We all believe that Shaq shoulda been fouled, but wasn't...but what I do'nt get...is why not foul Kobe, before the shot? Ok, he makes both of htem...whoop ti doo. You're still up by one with less than five seconds to go. Sure, fans would hate this, they always do when you play the last five seconds over five minutes spent at the free throw line...but that's how you win...and that's what people ultimately remember (I think).

thats a good idea, free throw competition... esp with HAMILTON and BILLUPS on the line (both very good free throw shooters).

oh well... if DETROIT ends up losin this series, esp in game 7... they can look back at game 2... and just say "DAYUM!"