• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dwight Howard to Atlanta!!

Diesel

What do you think about DH wearing the Atlanta road jersey with Howard on the back at a celebrity game today Clips fan?

With him being religious and all I doubt he'd pull a Steve Franchise/Eli Manning and demand a trade or refuse to sign or anything, but you never know...

Dwight Howard has stated he will be happy playing for any NBA team.

We all know he has his personal picks, as every player does in their mind. The Hawks are #1, and I think Orlando is #2.

I think the Clippers are at the bottom of his list, but I'm only guessing ofcourse. Playing for the Clippers wouldn't be my first choice if I'm a power forward, because of Elton Brand, and the Clippers history.

Quote:

What do you think about DH wearing the Atlanta road jersey with Howard on the back at a celebrity game today Clips fan?

With him being religious and all I doubt he'd pull a Steve Franchise/Eli Manning and demand a trade or refuse to sign or anything, but you never know...

• Premium Member

I think Jackson will demand more than 6 million. Maybe somewhere close to 7 over 6 years. That comes to 6 yr 42 million. That starts at about 6.5...

I think that Cleveland will make a strong play for Jax. In the expansion draft, if Charlotte takes whoever Charlotte leaves unprotected, it may mean that Charlotte would have enough to make a strong bid to Jax.

I don't see Jax turning down Charlotte.

McInnis/James/Jax/Boozer/Big Z...

That's a squad.

I agree, this draft does seem deep in terms of players with "potential." Lots of big men with upsides will be available with 17. Using the 6 and the Philly future first would be better for the Hawks, but if Howard is the real deal I would pull the trigger using 6 and 17. If people think that price is still too high, maybe the Hawks ask them to throw in Kamen or Ely, that way the center position is filled out.

It is a tough call giving Jackson that much money but I would be inclined to do it. He has skills and I like his aggressiveness. He definitely adds some moxie to the otherwise listless hawks. I think if the money is even he would resign in Atlanta. Here he knows he is getting the ball as the number one option. Plus with some talented draft picks and a free agent big man this team has a shot next year at the 7th or 8th seed in the playoffs. Then if a Howard or whomever is drafted develops, then there is a shot for much more. Point is, I think Jackson can be a number one option on a weaker team (even a lower seeded playoff team) or a solid number two on a stronger team.

Look at Detroit. They could really use a player like Jackson because he can make plays.

Charlotte has some great pieces in Baron and Magloire, but Mashburn's talent is what made that team unique. Yes he is injured a lot and he has some mental issues but he is a great talent. When playing his best he can really be a difference maker. Unfortunately, that does not happen often.

Quote:

He's a hometown kid and I'm sure he'd love to be a Hawk...

However, it's not up to him, he's not a free agent so he has no say so in where he's going to play...

I just hope you guys don't think the Clippers or any other team is going to help your bottom line out just for the sake of doing so and not looking at ours/their owns.

Like I said before, I think you guys would be better off keeping both picks.

With the 2 players you could get at 6 and 17, I think those are greater than any 1 player in this draft.

LAC could trade the 2nd pick to Charlotte in exchange for Charlotte's 4th pick if Charlotte agreed to take on Drobnjak's and Ely's salaries. That would allow Charlotte to draft Howard while LAC got its choice of whatever PG they want (CHI won't take a PG with Hinrich there) plus clear capspace to make a run at Kobe. Even if they don't get Kobe, they will have the caproom to go after Ginoboli, Jamaal Crawford, Okur, etc.

Here's another thought. What if LAC offered #2, a resigned Q Rich and Wilcox to ORL for McGrady. Would ORL pull the trigger?

Then, ORL could offer #1/filler to CHI for #3 and a resigned Crawford. ORL could feature a starting line up of:

Wilcox

Howard

Deng

Q Rich

Crawford

Not too shabby!