• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Charlotte is close to obtaining #2 pick

jezmund

Well I'm going totally based what I'm hearing. It seems Howard/Okafor/Livingston are the cream of the crop in this draft. The article I read in the AJC mentioned that one of the reasons a trade with Charlotte is more likely is that they are willing to trade now regardless if its Howard or Okafor. We obviously only want Howard which rubs me the wrong way. I wouldn't mind Okafor at all. He's tough, something we severely lack. Anyways, we need to find out who Clippers want at #4 and move up to #3 and take him. (JK)

We should move up to #3 though and nab Livingston. Than we would try to move JT for a pick or a starting quality player.

• Premium Member

It's just that simple. If Charlotte gets #2, we have to go for #1. If it means Clearing Hill from the Cap, I would do it. Hill may be able to go and we're not a win NOW team.

JT/#6 for Hill/#1.

Then Orlando can go ahead with Tmac for Joe Johnson/ShawnM.

With the money they save in trades... They can offer Damp a nice contract and draft best talent at 6... Probably Iggy.

JT/Johnson/Marion/Gooden/Damp...

quite a team for Tmac/#1/Hill.

Technically, with the money going to Grant Hill, we could probably grab both Daniels and K-Mart. So I suggest that we move #6 and #17 to Chicago for #3(Livingston) or JT/#6 to Chicago for #3/ERob (would they want JT having Hinrich?)

Livingston

Daniels

Diaw

Martin

????

Bobcats Acquire #2 Pick In 2004 NBA Draft (6-21-04).

http://www.nba.com/bobcats/news/acquire_nu...ick_062104.html

Quote:

The Bobcats have acquired the second overall pick in the 2004 NBA Draft from the Los Angeles Clippers. The Bobcats will send the No. 4 overall pick, along with their second-round pick (No. 33 overall), to Los Angeles for the No. 2 choice and the rights to center Predrag Drobnjak.

Clippers Acquire 4th and 33rd Selections From Charlotte (6-21-04).

http://www.nba.com/clippers/news/draft_trade_040621.html

Quote:

The Los Angeles Clippers today acquired the fourth and 33rd overall picks in the 2004 NBA Draft from the Charlotte Bobcats in exchange for the second overall selection in the draft. In addition, Charlotte has agreed to select Clippers’ center Predrag Drobnjak in Tuesday’s expansion draft.

This makes me ecstatic. I'm not sold on Howard, not at all...and this almost assures that we can't get him. Sure, some will fault us (as we could have offered a similar deal....although we don't have the C to trade away)...but it makes me want to bargain with Chicago for the number three

WE give Chi our 6 plus another second round pick for the 3 (maybe throw in Crawford or something to make salaries match, if needed ~ I've never been clera on this, the value of a "pick"). We take Livingston there, no questions...or if Howard slips, then we get him. The third pick has become a "can't lose." Assuming we do that, going Diesel for a second....Chicago can either get Ben Gordon (doubt he gets past the Clipps at 4 though), Iggy or Deng (if Wash doesn't take them).

It's a no lose situation for us ~ and sort of for them (they can't use a pg, they got Heinrich) and either iggy or Deng will still be there, if not both, as the Clipps are going to take a pg!

If you don't think Gordon will go past #4 than he will be chosen by LAC at #4 which means Livingston will most likely slide down to us at #6 unless a team deals with Chicago or Washington for him. Chicago has Hinrich and Washington needs help in the frontcourt.

I can not figure out why the league allows Charlotte an expansion to be given the no 4 pick automatically while the hawks and other teams get short changed in the draft process with lower picks.Why is it the no4 pick instead of drafting first or last in the first.Here we are Hawks fans suffering year after and an expansion team comes in and dradts higher.

I am not crying over spilled milk but it seems the hawks get short changed.No free agents that are quailty want to sign with them,they get a lower pick and they should have received.

How I feel about the Charlotte expansion team moving up to 2 they probably will build there team faster than the hawks since they have a shot a big difference maker while the hawks get no 6.Unless your in the top 3 there are doubts at how many difference makers there are.Oh well another long year as a hawks fan!

Bernie Bickerstaff , GM of the Charlotte Bobcats was just interviewed on 680 the fan. He says he is interested in Livingston, Iggy, Jameer Nelson, Josh Smith, etc..no mention of Howard. He said he was very impressed by Josh Smith who he said was the most athletic player in the draft, and Jameer Nelson who was a class act.

We'll see how it goes, everyone is assuming Howard will be gone with the Bobcats at 2. Not so fast. If the Magic get Okafor, and the Bobcats don't get him there is a very good possibility he will fall past the Bulls, Clips, and Wizards to us, because of obvious personnel and history reasons for those franchises.

If he doesn't , oh well. We can still get a very talented player at 6 and a solid role player at 17.

Probably no mention of Howard so Orlando doesn't think they want him or something.(?) But anywho, just what if:

1.Emeka Okafor

2.Shaun Livingston

3.Andre Iguodala

4.Ben Gordon

5.Deng/Childress/Biedrins

6.Dwight Howard???

Probably not, but oh well.... I trust BK. He just didn't want to invest more than we could afford which is smart. We have a lot of holes to fill.

• Premium Member

(as someone said in another post) something about selecting the player that we wanted at #6...and he believed that to be Howard.

Now Bickerstaff says no mention of Howard in the players that he's interested in.

And The initial word out of the Bobcat's draft was that they didn't want to build around a Hssr.

Okafor is the guy that the Bobcats want and Bernie came all out and said as much after the draft lottery - making jokes about how Ok's back was REALLY bad.

Perhaps this deal was made in case Orlando selects Howard? The Cats could not afford to miss the opportunity if LA was willing to deal. If Ok is taken 1st, perhaps the cats will trade down...

Or just maybe Howard will fall through the Bulls, who obviously don't need another hssr, and a PF at that, and the Clippers (obviously), through the Wizards (who already have a failed HS experiment in Kwame)...

To us...? That's very possible. Especially considering that Howard has not worked out for the Bobcats, or anyone else for that matter, and hadn't planned on it.