• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Examining 2 eastern conference teams

coachx

I want to take a look at the Pacers and Raptors today. These are two teams who has shooting guards as their leader but are headed in different directions.

The Raptors:

Here is a list of the speculative Raptors lineup, the players age is in paranthesise.Knowing the players age helps you analyze where they are in their career and what type of year to expect from them.

Alvin Williams (28)

Vince Carter (25)

Mo Peterson (24)

Antonio Davis (34)

Hakeem (39, turn 40 during season)

Hunter (32)

Curry (38)

C. Jefferries (22) rookie

J. Williams (29)

Montross (30) M. Stewart (24)

After looking at the roster it is evident that the Raptors have little depth and show signs of age at several positions. {Does this fact remind you of any other of Lenny's teams? They have several questions that need answering for a playoff spot.

Who backs up Hakeem? and Can he play more than 20 minutes a game over 50 games?

The logical answer is that Williams will come in at pf and Davis will move to C. That means your 2 biggest players they have are 6'9'' and 6'8'', while both are fiesty, I don't think they can hold the fort all season. You can't expect much out of Hakeem this year. Montross and Stewart though they are tall, have really not proven they deserve to be in the league.

Who steps up off the bench besides J. Williams and Hunter?

It looks like the Raptors will basically have a 7 man rotation. That is just what it looks like on paper. To bad the season is 82 games and not 20, I just don't see how they will hold out once Hakeem goes down with fatigue or injury.With Hakeem and Antonio both being long in the tooth, they will need alot of rest to make it through the season. The only problem is no one on the roster can give quality minuts besides Williams and Hunter. Jefferies may be a suprise but he won't help them rest Hakeem. (We know how Lenny gives his rookies a chance)

Conclusion:

Vince may deserve the MVP if they are higher than the 8th in the east. He will hace to carry them on his back this year for them to stand a chance. Is this the year th at Carter lives up to the hype?

Now the Pacers:

Tinsley (24)

Miller (37)

Artest (23)

O'Niel (24)

Miller (26)

Harrington (22)

Mercer (26)

Croshere (27)

Bender (21)

Jones (22) rookie

Foster (25)

With the exception of Reggie this team is super young. Harrington had a break through year averaging 13 ppg, 6rpg, but tore his ACL at the end of the season. At his age he should be back at 100 %.

Can Reggie still lead this team? If Reggie plays less minutes so he can be fresh in the 4th , he will still hit the clutch shots. With Mercer backing him up that won;t be a problem.

How much better will O'Niel be? the sky is the limit for this kid, especially with B. Miller playing beside him so O'Niel can play pf, very few pfs can guard him and he has no problem guarding them.

Can they unload Croshere for a vet pg? They must find a bench, vet pg somewhere, especially since Tinsley is so young.

Summary:

O'Niel is the best post player in the east and will show his it this. year

If Tinsley can lead the team, and Miller stay productive at 37,they could win the east with their overall talent and depth.

I would like to hear you guys perception on these 2 teams who will contest the Hawks for the playoffs.

I feel both Toronto and Philly have reached their peak.It

seems like it all ended too quickly for the teams....Philly

has questions about Iverson/SF/Dekes age/Colemans

health can any produce off the bench other than Mckie?

Toronto isn't as talented as people say they are.They are

really being overrated talent wise.They don't even have

anyone off the bench that can average double figures

for them.Hunter hasn't done all that well the last few

years.

It's hard to compare this Lenny team to that one...I think

our Hawk team had more talent than they have overall.