• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Nuggets are making a mistake.

KB21

I can understand the Nuggets giving the Nets a first round pick, so they wont match the offer to Kenyon Martin.

I don't see it hurting the Nuggets all that much, because they are pretty much set for a few years, and the point is to win the Championship.

If the Nuggets feel Kenyon Martin gets them closer to the championship, than it is well worth it to them.

IMO, their faith in Carmelo Anthony's ability to be a superstar player is misguided. I like Anthony overall, but I feel he's a younger version of Glenn Robinson who at times last season, showed the Glenn Robinson attitude that I hoped he wouldn't have. What you have in Carmelo is a guy who isn't a great ball handler, isn't a great perimeter shooter, and doesn't defend at all.

Carmelo being a scorer was a given going into last years draft but a lot of teams did not expect him to do it his first year. Eveyone in Denver thinks Kiki has painted himself in a corner with Kmart. I could think of worse coners to be in.

Denver has a lot of picks coming (even if they give one up) and Kenyon would give them another solid starter to add to a playoff team.

So the here is the corner Kiki is in. They make the playoffs, they have a boatload of draft picks, and now they might add an All Star power forward who is only 26. I will not have a problem at all when we get in that corner.

Quote:

IMO, their faith in Carmelo Anthony's ability to be a superstar player is misguided. I like Anthony overall, but I feel he's a younger version of Glenn Robinson who at times last season, showed the Glenn Robinson attitude that I hoped he wouldn't have. What you have in Carmelo is a guy who isn't a great ball handler, isn't a great perimeter shooter, and doesn't defend at all.

glenn robinson? lol. watch melo play a little more.

it's not that far off. I've posted similar thoughts earlier in the season.

you see GRob now...and forget who he was when he came out of college. Melo is more athletic (not by a tremdendous margin, but definitely there) and handles the ball slightly better...combine those two and he can finish around the rim better. But, all in all...the comparison is accurate.